We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alondra
VIP February 2012

Need honest opinions

Alondra, on January 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 18
Saved Save

Is this ugly?

It's a banner for our sweethearts table. Please, tell me if it is.

18 Comments

• Nicole
    Master November 2011
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

It's ify. What type of material will it be printed on? regular paper? plastic?

• T
    VIP July 2012
    Tiny Dancer ·
    • Flag

It isn't ugly, but it seems a bit juvenile. Not my style, but if it goes with the rest of the decor than go for it. I don't think you need the date though. The font you chose for the names is fun Smiley smile

• FutureMrsHodges
    VIP September 2012
    FutureMrsHodges ·
    • Flag

It seems a little bridal showerish (not a word) , but if it fits your theme go with it .

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

I am ordering it from Vistaprint so whatever they use I'll get. I guess it should put more than 5 minutes into it. Lol is it the design of the banner that makes it 'ify' or 'juvenile'?

Ps. I don't have a theme.

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

Like Kimberly said, it looks really juvenile. I like the name font - hate the date.

• JoAnna
    VIP June 2012
    JoAnna ·
    • Flag

I agree with FutureMrsHodges Smiley smile

• Ab
    Master October 2011
    Ab ·
    • Flag

It's not juvenile or ugly, it just kinda makes it confusing where to focus on because of the placement/diff sizes of the bird cages..I did get a banner from VP before, didn't use it tho since I decided not to get a photobooth which is what it was for..but it was pretty good quality paper, kinda glossy.

• T
    VIP July 2012
    Tiny Dancer ·
    • Flag

Yes, the design is juvenile… the bird cages look like they belong at Disneyland. The pale blue doesn't help either. Do you need a banner? What about a simple floral garland to drape in front of the table?

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

@Kimberly M, I don't need a banner. In fact I wasn't planning for one. I just thought of it and decided to play with the idea. Is it tacky to have one? Would it look a bit more classy to have a drape in front of the table?

• Nancy Taussig
    June 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

I think it is unnecessary -- everyone there will know the date and know your names.

I could see it being held by a couple for their STDs.

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

I don't like the banner. If you need to have something in front of the table a drape would be more elegant. The banner should be saved for a birthday party JMHO.

• Nicole
    Master November 2011
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Words cannot express how easy it was to make this Thank You banner. This may be a do-able option for you. Total cost was probably $3 and it was so cute.

-Nevermind the people in the pic...you can see the penant banner behind them though.

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

@Nicole C, that is actually very nice. I'm sure I can search the instructions on my lovely pinterest too Smiley smile

Maybe I can do without the banner. It seems like a silly idea now.

Thank you ladies for your honesty! Ya'll are great.

• Nicole
    Master November 2011
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I just bought 8 pieces of scrapbook paper and some stick on letters from the teacher supply section. cut a triangle and punched a hole punch on each end. put some string through it and called it a day. Literally took me 5 minutes to do.

• Clare316
    VIP September 2011
    Clare316 ·
    • Flag

What if you did something more simple, like just your initials, or "Mr & Mrs"? Sometimes a simple DIY looks more professional than a professionally printed banner. I like the birdcage theme though...

• Alondra
    VIP February 2012
    Alondra ·
    • Flag

Ohhh I love that Idea @Clare! That looks a lot better than my silly banner would have. I'm sure those are just as easy to make too.

• Corinne S
    VIP November 2012
    Corinne S ·
    • Flag

I love the examples Clare provided, they would look much better than the banner in my opinion

• JoAnna
    VIP June 2012
    JoAnna ·
    • Flag

I also agree with Clare-super cute!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles