Linda
Devoted February 2014

Need help picking cake design

Linda, on July 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Posted in Planning 27

Our wedding colors are mint green and gold, and our theme is french shabby chic. I really want a mint green cake to stay away from the traditional white. What do you guys think of these choices I narrowed down? The baker said the cake will be 6", 10" and 14", so it's not gonna look as vertical as...

Our wedding colors are mint green and gold, and our theme is french shabby chic. I really want a mint green cake to stay away from the traditional white. What do you guys think of these choices I narrowed down? The baker said the cake will be 6", 10" and 14", so it's not gonna look as vertical as these designs. I really like the first cake, but not sure if it'll look nice in mint green. Help??

27 Comments

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

#1 or #3 looks more French shabby chic to me. #2 is on seems more traditional.

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

#2 all the way. What does your FH think?

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

The second one caught my eye immediately Smiley smile LOVE IT.

• Linda
    Devoted February 2014
    Linda ·
    • Flag

So it looks like #2 is getting the most votes!

@Erica, FH thinks the 2nd one stands out too, but he likes all.

I'm now torn between 2 and 3. Like @mrsaj2b said, #2 does look more traditional even though it's green and 3 more shabby chic. Maybe I can do number 3 with cascading white flowers, but instead of the same color dots as the icing, I can do white design/dots like the 2nd one? Whatcha think?

• Kim
    Master June 2014
    Kim ·
    • Flag

• Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

#3 would look gorgeous with white roses!

• Liz
    Dedicated May 2014
    Liz ·
    • Flag

Linda What about #3 with either the center of the flowers gold or the dots on it gold? I like #3. my FH is making our cake so its all on him....lol

Comment on this discussion