A
Beginner August 2018

My wedding dress idea.

Alyssa, on April 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 73

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

73 Comments

• Blair Waldorf
    Master October 2017
    Blair Waldorf ·
    • Flag

Camo is fucking ugly, and a bit of a joke for a wedding dress. Use shotgun shell bouts and have details in your bouquet. There is no need to have an over the top theme that makes everything look cheap/childish.

Also maybe we need to give a class on the proper use of your vs you're

• Blair Waldorf
    Master October 2017
    Blair Waldorf ·
    • Flag

Also, I'd drop being a bm if the bride was making me wear pink camo, even if she offered to buy it.

• Erin
    Expert July 2017
    Erin ·
    • Flag

Good joke for Tuesday....

• Madelayna
    VIP September 2017
    Madelayna ·
    • Flag

@CountingdowntoMrs- You're right! I found this when I googled other camo dresses that might be more low key and this came up. It's not even on the right finger...

ETA- words

• Eve
    Savvy August 2017
    Eve ·
    • Flag

I will just state that a girl did wear this dress to our HS prom, except the underside wasn't white and she had a bright orange sash. Particularly notable, she and her date arrived on a tractor. It was great. However, this isn't prom, it's your wedding. That being said, you're going to have these pictures for decades to come, to share with your family and kids and grandkids (if you're a breeder).

Its yours and your FH's special day, so you should totally do whatever is right for you, and embrace it. But if you have any doubts, I would err on the side of caution. Maybe choose a white on top with camo belt, or underskirt, or bustle. There's so many ways to incorporate it without turning your dress into a huge statement. Honestly, I couldn't even focus on the bride because I was too distracted by what she's wearing. While everyone will probably be staring at you, Im not sure it'd be for the reasons you want on that day.

I hope you're truly happy in whatever you decide to wear. Smiley smile

Edit: Grammar and spelling

• Ashley
    VIP March 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Wow. Just wow.

• Mrs_J
    Super September 2018
    Mrs_J ·
    • Flag

I can't stop chuckling.

• Jacky
    Master June 2017
    Jacky ·
    • Flag

@Kate me too. This is my Tuesday morning entertainment.

• Jacky
    Master June 2017
    Jacky ·
    • Flag

Most brides like to stand out, that's why they wear white gowns. See, with camouflage, your guests might not be able to see you. Oh, and if you want us to sit down for class, make sure you research the subject at hand first.

• E.R2018
    Devoted December 2018
    E.R2018 ·
    • Flag

It's not a Halloween party , it's a wedding #thumbsdown

• Kelly King
    December 2019
    Kelly King ·
    • Flag

I think the gist of the advice you are getting here is - IF you decide to go with the camo theme, keep it low key. Only add accents, don't make it the primary focus or it will look tacky. I have known many brides who chose camo for their weddings. As Celia said - it can be done tastefully.

ETA: You can incorporate the colors of camo to make a softer, more natural look.

• Kelsey
    Dedicated August 2017
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I'm actually kind of hoping this is all a joke....

• Rebecca
    Super September 2017
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I personally am not a fan of the camo dress. If you want to incorporate the camo, can you do it some other way? Wrap your bouquet stem in a camo fabric? Camo shoes? Etc?

Comment on this discussion