A
Beginner August 2018

My wedding dress idea.

Alyssa, on April 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 73

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

73 Comments

• F
    Super October 2017
    Future Mrs.S ·
    • Flag

My daughter looked at a camo dress for prom.Camoformal.com check it out maybe you'll find some you like better!

My FH knows nothing about my dress.Keep with the camo, since it fits you and FH. Congratulations!

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't do the AK47's they are much less aesthetically pleasing than a AR15. Just think about how it would photograph!

• MrsBurkes2020
    Super October 2020
    MrsBurkes2020 ·
    • Flag

It's your wedding day so if that's what u wanna wear go for it!! I like the 2nd dress better though

• Natalie<3Chris
    Super September 2017
    Natalie<3Chris ·
    • Flag

Mama juneeeee

• Gorgame
    Expert April 2017
    Gorgame ·
    • Flag

I can't wait for you to become a meme !

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

While I realize we are being trolled- for anyone who actually cares...

We don't usually have Ak-47's here in the states.

We have AR15's- and people don't generally hunt with them as they are fairly imprecise weapon- if someone's hunting they would do so with a shotgun or a rifle depending on their game.

• Chivy
    VIP September 2018
    Chivy ·
    • Flag

Girl, no. If you have any intentions of having any formality, no.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I can't stop laughing.

• Celia Milton
    November 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

You don't have to wear a white dress; one of my very favorite brides here wore black and rocked the house. And it's your wedding, but camo, guns and whiskey? All I can think of is the reaction of the front rows... (this coming from an officiant who regularly writes tequila, Scotch and Fireball sharings into the ceremony.

And your insulting attempt to "school" us shows a smug arrogance that isn't going to go over very well here. This is a forum loaded with very smart, savvy people. Talking down to them isn't going to fly.

Assuming you're not a complete troll, I have done several weddings with duck blind vests, interesting bouts and very rustic decor. It can be tastefully done.

But not with that dress.

• Svetlana
    VIP October 2018
    Svetlana ·
    • Flag

It's way too Honey boo boo for me. Are you going to serve roadkill and sketti at the reception.

• ReneeEdward
    VIP November 2017
    ReneeEdward ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan of camo dresses at all. I don't feel camo attire belongs at a wedding. However, it's your wedding and you're going to be the one looking back years from now wondering what the fuck you were thinking!

If you must do camo, how about a white or ivory dress (or any color other than camo) with a camo bridal belt/band?!

• GoingGray
    Devoted May 2017
    GoingGray ·
    • Flag

WOAH! My fiance spends 80% of his free time hunting. With that being said- everyone who is attending knows that so I don't feel like we need to parade down the aisle in camouflage brandishing guns. I want my wedding to look like a wedding, not a trip to Cabellas.

To each his own. Yee yee!

• ReneeEdward
    VIP November 2017
    ReneeEdward ·
    • Flag

How about something like this instead, anything is better than that monstrosity.

• xtine
    Dedicated August 2018
    xtine ·
    • Flag

Camo! So cute, where did you find it?

That is the ugliest effing dress I've ever seen.

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag

@ Xtine I'm loving that Mean Girls reference.

• Kristine
    Super September 2017
    Kristine ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry (not sorry), but if I saw you walking down the aisle in that, I would instantly think the whole event was a joke. I can't even.

If you would like, you can use my .22 shotgun that is hanging on the wall to walk down the aisle with.

• Bemyguest
    Master April 2017
    Bemyguest ·
    • Flag

@MFB omg I didn't even notice the terrible tan lines because the dress is so bad... good catch!

• CountingDowntoMrs
    VIP October 2017
    CountingDowntoMrs ·
    • Flag

I'm all about brides being individuals and rocking their styles. We've seen some beautiful, "non-traditional" dresses here...floral, black, etc. And while those weren't my style, those brides looked beautiful and classic in their own right.

This, though, is no where near that beautiful and classic to me. I do hope you rethink the excessive amount of patterns. Think about what you want your photos to look like for generations to come. You can work little details in elsewhere...bouts, corsages, bouquet, centerpiece, etc. But these dresses...I just can't.

• Madelayna
    VIP September 2017
    Madelayna ·
    • Flag

@MFB & @BMG I honestly thought it was a prom dress as the horrible tan lines would be a bit more understandable in a high schooler....but then I spotted the ring....

• CountingDowntoMrs
    VIP October 2017
    CountingDowntoMrs ·
    • Flag

@Madelyn - if you're talking about the first photo, it could be a class ring. I wore mine on my ring finger for a long time.

Comment on this discussion