A
Beginner August 2018

My wedding dress idea.

Alyssa, on April 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 73

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

73 Comments

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Since we are now going with the snow camo something like this is likely. Except no black suit.

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

OP @ Alyssa D my FH and I are also doing camo accents in our wedding kinda lace and bling meets camo black , white, camo vests Mossy Oak. We are the same very outdoors, hunting, fishing, shooting I say whatever makes you happy !! Oh also hunter orange too !! Just a thought I am wearing a camo garter the rest of my outfit is traditional, here's a few pics of what I have done myself !!!! I love it finally someone like me !!!

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

Here's a pic of our table runners !

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

Here is a pic of some of our center pieces!

• Future Museau
    Dedicated June 2018
    Future Museau ·
    • Flag

Trust me my dress isn't white and it's printed and was received beautifully on here. I think the first picture is too much but the white camo is prettier. I also think mixing too many different prints will just be busy and hard to look at.

That's my advice if you're being sincere and not a troll lol

ETA: autocorrect

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

My girls our wearing pretty black lace dresses !

• Kelly
    Super September 2017
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

There is no rule book that says you have to wear white. I am wearing blush, I saw a woman on here that is wearing a floral printed dress, and another is wearing an African inspired dress. And associating the white wedding dress with purity is a pretty outdated concept.

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

@jojo what is your first picture of?

• Future Museau
    Dedicated June 2018
    Future Museau ·
    • Flag

@jojo I like what you're doing so far. Your centerpieces are so pretty

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

@ Natalie J they are fans I made ! Oh and I really didn't even want to post them again last time I did I got royally crapped on!! Lol but I don't really care I love them and spent 4 days working on them!! Thank you for the nice comments I have been working very hard on all our wedding stuff !!

• Del
    Master November 2017
    Del ·
    • Flag

I think it's ugly.

Also, I don't need to take any class from someone who doesn't know how plurals work.

"Most of you woman"

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

@Future Museau I love your flower's, and dress.

• Madelayna
    VIP September 2017
    Madelayna ·
    • Flag

OP, I believe Delfina was raised to be honest...and to read- because we're all allowed to give our honest opinions on this site.

• Future Museau
    Dedicated June 2018
    Future Museau ·
    • Flag

Thank you Alyssa D.

• Del
    Master November 2017
    Del ·
    • Flag

My mother taught me to call a spade a spade. I think it's ugly. The pattern gives me a headache and the matchy-matchy gloves are ridiculous. If you like it, go for it, but something simple and less busy is more tasteful and easy to look at.

And since you're intent on still offering your classes, it's "you're wrong" not "your wrong". No one here owns any wrong of their own.

• Jeanette
    Super July 2017
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag

I would think you're a joke walking down the aisle wearing that because no one where I'm from would ever wear something like that. I've seen different colors but camouflage? Ugh. Sorry not trying to be mean but my taste is traditional.

• ChristinaNYC
    Master December 2016
    ChristinaNYC ·
    • Flag

You know what would be the cherry on top? If you guys can have Trump as your officiant! That would be so fitting :-)

• Vanessa
    VIP November 2017
    Vanessa ·
    • Flag

Well sounds like you've been waiting all post to go Cloyd Rivers on someone.....

• Jennifer
    Expert June 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Wow

• Bemyguest
    Master April 2017
    Bemyguest ·
    • Flag

Obviously a troll.

OP No one is judging you for not wearing white. Most of us are quite aware of the wedding dress traditions, and the fact that it didn't start with the wealthy, it started with Queen Victoria. This led wealthy women to adopt the trend as a symbol of status. Most poor/common folk didn't even get new dresses sewn as you claim, they just wore whatever their current best dress was.

We're judging you for the hideous camo dresses. Wear something nontraditional, sure. We love unique dresses. But camo isn't unique, it's tacky.

Comment on this discussion