A
Beginner August 2018

My wedding dress idea.

Alyssa, on April 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 73
Saved Save

My husband is really into hunting and fishing. I feel it is only fair for him to help me pick my dress, since i told him what he had to wear. We found this dress and decided on a camouflage dress. He would have on a camouflage vest. Here is a pic of the dress we found online and want to buy.

73 Comments

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·

Woooo! How about instead of bouquets you guys walk down the aisle carrying AK-47's too.

• AwkwardToBe
    VIP September 2017
    AwkwardToBe ·

How will your guests know when you're walking down the aisle when you're wearing camo?

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·

Where's the picture?

• kirackle
    Super September 2017
    kirackle ·

I would think long and hard about this decision before spending any money on the dress or an expensive wedding photographer.

In 20 years are you going to be embarrassed by your choice? Is this actually what you want or is it a suggestion from your FI?

However much I think this is hideous, it is your day and you absolutely get to wear whatever you want. Just make peace with your decision and do not do it if you have any doubts.

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·

No I'm American we chosen to carry shotguns and whiskey. Can you believe I had a hard time finding a venue to allow this. . Got to love people's closed minds to what a wedding could be.

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·

It's a shame. You should be able to brandish weapons and drink whiskey wherever you want. You're American for goodness sake!

• TooSpicy
    Super November 2017
    TooSpicy ·

Not my cup of tea, BUT it's also not my wedding. You have a little bit of time, so maybe sit on it for awhile and if you decide you really want it. Go for it! It's YOUR day!

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·

I like the way you think. We found a few other dresses you may like better. What about this one?

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

You can use hunting and fishing in so many areas of the wedding- STD's, invitations decor etc without going full on camo with your dress.

I know you want support for your decision but this dress comes across as a costume not a wedding dress.

• C
    Dedicated June 2017
    CiCi ·

I assume that since you're posting here you're looking for opinions.

I don't think camo wedding attire is very attractive and has much potential for cringe when you look back on this day in the future. So if there's any doubt in you, reconsider.

But, if you have no doubt at all, then you should do it.

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·

This person is obviously trolling. I'm just playing along.

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·

This is the bridesmaid dress.

• E.V.
    VIP November 2017
    E.V. ·

All I can think of is Mama June...

• AwkwardToBe
    VIP September 2017
    AwkwardToBe ·

There have been several brides on here who have worn not white wedding dresses (yes, even black ones) and rocked them.

It's just that camo print is generally seen as way too informal a pattern for something as nice as a wedding dress. If your wedding is super informal and super casual, fine, go ahead and wear it. Just note that most people don't find it appropriate for a wedding.

• kirackle
    Super September 2017
    kirackle ·

Well, I now regret giving measured, polite advice.

This is clearly an escaped troll from 4chan intent on spreading misogynistic memes.

• Ohheyitscait
    Super September 2017
    Ohheyitscait ·

Oh yes, AK-47's. Instead of using them like they are supposed to, let's just brandish them around like toys.

The camo is horrible, but if you feel beautiful in it, go for it. I like the second picture you posted more than the first!

And I am not a red carpet following woman, and I do not like the idea of wearing white on your wedding day. But camo screams redneck, and your meme screams misogyny.

• A
    Beginner August 2018
    Alyssa ·

Well sit down women and it's time for class. Most of you woman think white dresses come from showing purity. Well your wrong. Dresses used to be any color the mother had around to sew together for a dress . And white dresses were only for the wealthy. Since they couldn't wash them and keep them back to white if they got dirty and white cloth alone was expensive. No family back then could afford such a thing, must woman after the wedding used their dresses for many events and other weddings. After some years have past woman wanted to be like the wealthy and start wearing white dresses.

• FMR2018
    Master October 2018
    FMR2018 ·

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

None of that is news to most brides and it has nothing to do with choosing a camo dress instead of the multitude of other possibilities out there. Not one person here said you had to wear white.

For the sake of interest, what did you choose for the groom?

• Madelayna
    VIP September 2017
    Madelayna ·

"even though by the time you find your husband , you should be wearing black not white" I'm sorry??? What does this mean?

Also- I'm sorry but your first dress is horrendous and should not be worn on anyone on their wedding day or any day...but that's just my opinion. If you've tried it on and like it on you, by all means! I like the second one better of course. And your bridesmaid dresses are nice but I wouldn't think of hunting or fishing when I see them. And I'm not a part of this "carpet riding" group you're referring to...

Comment on this discussion