Ostrich
Master April 2016

My friend who got married today is my IRL dress twin

Ostrich, on April 18, 2015 at 10:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 39
Saved Save

Really glad they had a small ceremony out of state, because we have a lot of the same friends that are going to mine. The dress photographs BEAUTIFULLY and she's getting a lot of compliments but gosh what are the odds? Anyone else have an IRL dress twin?

39 Comments

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

I would feel so awkward seeing my dress in real life! How Are you styling yours vs hers? Out of curiosity

• Taryn
    Super May 2015
    Taryn ·
    • Flag

I haven't found a dress twin at all yet. Not even here, I was surprised.

Post a pic of your dress for us Smiley smile

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

Uh exactly the same hahaha no belt or anything. I changed mine from a keyhole to just take out the top keyhole since it wasn't flatering but I'll have an updo too. Here's a pic you can't see their faces in- if she sees this hiiii you look fantastic

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

And here's me in it!! I decided to go non belt. And I can't tell but she may have gone with white and I went with cafe. The front view of hers makes it obvious that it's the same with how the deep v/lace is

• Taryn
    Super May 2015
    Taryn ·
    • Flag

I loveeee your dress! That is so pretty! That's one of my favorite dresses I've seen on here so far I think.

• Finally Mrs. Crowell
    Super March 2015
    Finally Mrs. Crowell ·
    • Flag

I think hers looks white! You're in the clear! But love that dress either way and you look great

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

But here's the model in our dress (sorry for multiple uploads, mobile tonight)

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

I think so too! Haha thank you, she's from high school and most people who are coming are family or college so I'm not too worried, just such a small world that my weddings next month.

And thank you that's so sweet!! Final fitting this week i can't believe it's finally so close

• Finally Mrs. Crowell
    Super March 2015
    Finally Mrs. Crowell ·
    • Flag

Is the model wearing the white or the cafe? It looks white to me, whereas yours definitely had more color to it. Enjoy every minute - it goes fast!

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2016
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I love it in Cafe. And it looks great on you!

• WeAreOne0822
    Super August 2015
    WeAreOne0822 ·
    • Flag

Oh, Gosh...I love that dress!!

• Heather S
    Expert October 2016
    Heather S ·
    • Flag

That dress is absolutely gorgeous on you.

• Kemmie
    VIP May 2015
    Kemmie ·
    • Flag

It's a nice dress. Your train looks longer though

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Wow, it is a really pretty dress, so I can see why you both ended up with it, but it is pretty crazy! You look beautiful in it though!

I had a dress I really liked at DB, and it was about to be discontinued and I almost bought it, but I decided to go with a different dress. I then saw two of my male Facebook friends post pics from their weddings and their brides wore that same dress. And one of the guys was an ex boyfriend of mine haha! So that would have been really weird. I really wanted a unique dress I wouldn't see on anyone else! Luckily after I bought it, it was discontinued pretty quickly so no one else I know will have it!

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

It's such a gorgeous dress. Definitely can see why it is popular! How do you feel about it? I know some people care a lot and others could care less.

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

Actually, I now have a fairly new friend IRL *because* we had the same dress. Tracy and I met on here and bonded over the fact that we had the same dress. We ended up emailing each other about wedding stuff and then it switched to emailing basically daily and it has expanded into life in general, not just wedding stuff. She lives near a place I go on trips to a couple times a year so we met IRL and I actually get to hang out with her again in a week and a half! She just got her pro pics back and I LOVE seeing all the pictures of her in her dress!

• Ms. P to Mrs. P
    VIP July 2015
    Ms. P to Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

Your dress is gorgeous. I probably would have had a shocked moment when I realized we had the same dress. Then I probably would have

laughed and chalked it up to having great taste.

Regardless, you are going to look amazing in your dress on your big day.

• MrsDitlow
    Super September 2015
    MrsDitlow ·
    • Flag

No one will ever have my dress because I designed it myself. I wanted something specific and couldn't find it. And now I know that no one will ever look better in my wedding dress than I do because no one will ever have the same dress.

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

I tried this dress on! Lol. It's gorgeous. That's pretty funny that she had your dress, but like you said...luckily most of your guests haven't seen it. And even if they had, who cares? You're going to look amazing!

• Mandigurl
    Super July 2015
    Mandigurl ·
    • Flag

I got my dress at a trunk shop coupled with the fact I only know 2 other people getting married, one shopped at DB (which I did not) and my MOH sister has a different dress cause I've seen it so I should be ok.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics