Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
Master October 2011

My DIY First Anniversary Present(Pics) - Thank You Marissa R!

Carole M (a.k.a "old tart"), on September 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 53

A week or so ago I posted asking for paper anniversary suggestions. Marissa R shared an Etsy link of a pic of a roll of first anniversary toilet paper. She remembered we had gotten engaged in the bathroom. Also, considering Frank's colon cancer diagnosis, and the fact that he says I always blow...

A week or so ago I posted asking for paper anniversary suggestions. Marissa R shared an Etsy link of a pic of a roll of first anniversary toilet paper. She remembered we had gotten engaged in the bathroom.

Also, considering Frank's colon cancer diagnosis, and the fact that he says I always blow smoke up his arse, I DIY my own first anniversary toilet paper.

We are getting out of Dodge Saturday morning. Our anniversary cake is on order and we have a bottle of champagne left. I can hardly wait.

53 Comments

• Amanda
    Master July 2012
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Love it Carole - so original and fun!! Have a wonderful weekend!

• Bitchasaurus
    VIP September 2011
    Bitchasaurus ·
    • Flag

Yes, because colon cancer is sooooooooo funny.

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·
    • Flag

How did I miss this? Congrats on your 1 year Carole! I hope you will have just as much love and laughter in your marriage this coming year and many many years to come!

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

Wow...even I draw the line at mocking cancer patients. Are you 100% sure your husband will find it funny?

• Marie S. (aka Princess Leia)
    Master October 2012
    Marie S. (aka Princess Leia) ·
    • Flag

That is ABSOLUTELY the most perfect gift I have ever seen!

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·
    • Flag

Carole knows Frank best. Not to mention it's relevant to them and their relationship aside from the diagnosis. If you can't keep the humor in your relationship, and keep each other's spirits up you'll just both end up depressed. I saw it as something both humorous and a reminder of what they've made it through so far together. I'm sure Carole is not making light of colon cancer.

• DOMINIQUE
    Super September 2014
    DOMINIQUE ·
    • Flag

LoL! I love it.

• M
    Savvy June 2013
    M ·
    • Flag

I'm all for funny gifts but I think this sorta crosses the line from funny to mean. He had (or has) colon cancer and I don't think this is appropriate at all. I wouldn't get my MIL a bra for her birthday since she had breast cancer. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

• P
    VIP May 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Thats awesome

• Karen
    Dedicated June 2013
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Happy anniversary!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

Wow, I knew it was just a matter of time. I guess since the moniters are away...

B..tchasaurus....Not that your comment warrants a reply, but, in our house everything is fair game. For the record, I don't see asking for an opinion at all.

Shannon...Yep, even the oncologist got a laugh out of it when Frank told him.

Marie...Wow, someone who knows Frank? Thank you.

Pan S... Thank you. Yes, humor is a large part of our relationship.

Dominque....THank you.

M&M...Since you are new, you wouldn't know our history. But a tip for future reference, look at the topic. I didn't ask for an opinion. Thanks for chiming in though. Funny, I Knew this at one star.

Deborah...Thank you.

Karen W....Thank you.

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

Have a great weekend ladies. I am signing off to begin the anniversary celebration. ; )

• heather
    VIP April 2013
    heather ·
    • Flag

Love it..very cute and clever idea!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics