A
Super October 2011

My DIY Candy Bouquets For Kids Table

A, on April 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 25
Saved Save

Ok, so the floral shop had these super cute candy bouquets made up for 75 freaking dollars a piece.and there is no way I am paying that much.

But, we are having a kids' table, and I wanted to put some on there, so for Christmas I made some little ones for the kids I nanny plus some of FH's little cousins. Then FH's aunt asked me to help her make one for her granddaughter for her dance recital, and am now making them for some friends for their kids for Easter.

I want HONEST opinions before I spend anymore time trying to do this on whether they look like crap or not, because if the suck I don't want SEERIZZY to make a post about how much they suck ;-)

The first one is of the little ones I made for xmas, they are the first ones I made so they are a little rough. The second two pictures are of the ones for the dance recital and has a tutu wrapped around it. I plan on putting them in a fall type basket about the size of the tutu one for our fall themed wedding.

25 Comments

• pureaslight
    Devoted March 2011
    pureaslight ·
    • Flag

I think they are cute! no DIY disaster here.

• Anita
    Super August 2014
    Anita ·
    • Flag

Those are really cute, Great Job the kids are going to love them but the parents might not after the reception is over LOL!!

• Courtney
    Super May 2012
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Ohmigoodness those are adorable and perfect!! what a great idea! that will be awesome for your kids table!! now you have me thinking maybe we'll do one of these for each family instead of having a candy buffet...hmmm lol

• Michelle
    VIP September 2011
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

These are amazing! I love them!

not going to lie, I think I just stole your idea for my wedding! haha

• Michelle ~ aka Lovestruck
    VIP September 2011
    Michelle ~ aka Lovestruck ·
    • Flag

What a terrific idea! They look great!

• A
    Super October 2011
    A ·
    • Flag

We are also doing a candy buffet haha! SOOO much candy!

• A
    Super October 2011
    A ·
    • Flag

PM me if you want directions! It took a little bit to figure it out.

• Cookie
    Super September 2012
    Cookie ·
    • Flag

I think they are great. We thought about doing personalized gifts for the kids in a metal buckets and just have a candy buffet, but by doing it this way you won't have to worrky about them breaking the candy jars....Great Idea!

VIP October 2010
    .... ·
    • Flag

Are you positive you wan to incorporate, kids, candy, and cake at your weddingSmiley smile

• Cavan
    VIP January 2012
    Cavan ·
    • Flag

I love them! They are so cute and I know the kids would think they are amazing. I am partial to the tutu though, would you have anything wrapped around the fall baskets? It also looks like the Christmas ones have colored cellophane inside the basket and I think that would help if you are using the fall baskets to make them look a little fancier.

Great idea!

• Kelli
    Expert June 2012
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

They look great. The kids are going to tear into those! Smiley smile

• Janelle
    Expert September 2012
    Janelle ·
    • Flag

Those look really nice

• A
    Super October 2011
    A ·
    • Flag

@cavan, the tutu is for a dance recital... that one also has colored cellophane, but the picture didn't pick it up as much as the Christmas ones. At this moment I am hung on fall baskets as the base (nothing would be wrapped around them) but I also considered doing them the same way as the tutu ones with white tutus and tutus the same colors as the BM dresses OR a white tutus and some how making some decorated like a tux.

Our wedding is very fall themed, and we are not very formal people.

• Jamie
    VIP December 2011
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

So cute!! Stealing this idea!!

• MrsD2011
    Master October 2011
    MrsD2011 ·
    • Flag

What an amazing idea! Stealing this idea myself as well!

• Didi
    Super May 2013
    Didi ·
    • Flag

I love them!! What a great idea for personalized favors for the kids coming to the my wedding! Seriously thinking of stealing it... Smiley winking

• Sarah
    Expert July 2011
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Oh wow, sugar highs for everyone! But seriously, they are really cute and the kids will love them!

• A
    Super October 2011
    A ·
    • Flag

We are actually NOT doing individual ones for each kid, as we have about 75 kids coming. But we will be doing 4 or 5 large ones that will spread out in the middle of the kids table. Obviously they will probably be attacked pretty quickly, but I wanted something cute on there so that there can be pictures taken of the table before it gets ruined. There will be enough candy at the candy buffet that if they don't get what they want from the bouquets they can just go up and get what they want.

• A
    Super October 2011
    A ·
    • Flag

This is exactly why we are paying some high school girls to come and supervise the kids table. Smiley smile Those poor souls.

• Didi
    Super May 2013
    Didi ·
    • Flag

Well we only will have about 2 or 3 kids and no Kid table, so it would be cute to do individual ones. Smiley winking

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics