Kelly
Dedicated October 2019

Music

Kelly, on October 31, 2018 at 9:52 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 30
Saved Save

We decided not to get a band nor a DJ due to our very strict budget. Is anyone else doing the same thing? Our venue said we could use their sound system and they would try to help us as much as they could as far as the music goes, but I still feel so stressed with trying to figure out the songs. If anyone else is going without a band and/or DJ, what exactly are y'all doing?

30 Comments

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated August 2019
    Gabrielle ·
    • Flag

Yep, made our own play list and using venue sound system. So much cheaper and we can pick our own music at our own pace.

• Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I found a phone app, but I’m not sure how I like it. Did y’all just make a play list on your phones, iPod, cd’s, or what? You’re right about cheaper, we’re saving a lot of money there.
  • Alexandra
    Savvy August 2020
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

I have read a lot on here that people use spotify.

• Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238 ·
    • Flag
    We r using spotify.
  • Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Never thought about Spotify, never used it before. Is there a specific thing for wedding music? Or did you create your own playlist?
  • Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Never thought about Spotify, never used it before. Is there a specific thing for wedding music? Or did you create your own playlist?
  • Edward
    Devoted March 2019
    Edward ·
    • Flag
    With our budget we have cut the DJ out as well. Lucky my FH has a DJ background from college. I will say this, it both of your day so make a playlist that you both love to listen to and just play that. I know that’s what we’re going to in ours.
  • Tbear
    Devoted October 2019
    Tbear ·
    • Flag
    Do you have Spotify?
    We have been creating playlists to give to our DJ s that he can recreate them in his order. I have a paid Spotify membership and can share my playlists with you if you think it’ll help
  • Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, I don't, but I'm starting to think that I need to get it. So far that is what everyone has recommend for us to do. I've never used it, so I'm not sure how it works. Do you just get a playlist or is there a station on there already that consists of wedding music?

• Olivia
    Dedicated October 2019
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    Me! It's super stressful, lol. But we're using spotify too, and it's super easy. You just make a playlist, then play. The only thing I'm unsure of is the special dances and the entrance. How are you planning those? I literally had nightmares about it last night!
  • Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg, I know! I stayed up until past midnight thinking, wondering, and stressing! I seriously have dreams too and I'm like I thought this whole planning thing is supposed to be fun? LOL. I'm not sure to be honest, I thought about just putting those on an actual CD and putting those CD's in when it's time to have those play, or put them in a certain place on my iphone. Like make a section just for the special dances and entrance.

• Olivia
    Dedicated October 2019
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right?? That's a good idea! I guess we could just have someone start them and announce them right before.. maybe the MOH? Or if the venue people could start it? Idk, lol.
  • Tbear
    Devoted October 2019
    Tbear ·
    • Flag
    There are both wedding genre area and also access to playlists. (See pic)

his article helps understand what is included in the free version versus the premium version.
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/spotify-free-vs-premium,news-24850.html

7 good reasons to pay for Spotify
    • No more shuffle-only mode. The biggest reason to upgrade if you use Spotify's mobile app on your phone is the ability to play any song you want. ...
    • Unlimited skips. ...
    • Double your bit-rate pleasure. ...
    • Listen offline. ...
    • No wait for new releases. ...
    • Get a deal on Hulu. ...
    • Avoid Bluetooth.

Music 1
  • C
    Beginner August 2019
    Clorisia ·
    • Flag
    Im making a play list from my pandora lol. But my sister thought to go into a club and ask a local DJ. There just as good
  • Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, that's true. I just wish I could find someone to do that, because I have a feeling with alcohol at our wedding, there's no telling how screwed up the music will be if someone from our family is doing it and they've been drinking.

• Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We were going to do that, but they still were asking way too much money. The cheapest was $2800 and we just can't see forking out that for music.

• Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag

Spotify for us. We hired sound for our wedding, rented some microphones and speakers. But as far the music goes, we chose all the songs and added them to different playlists on Spotify (i.e. music for before the reception starts, for dinner, for cocktail hour, cake cutting, etc.).

• Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'll definitely have to read more into it and discuss this with my fiancé. This would be a good way to go for us if it worked out for the both of us. Do a few songs of our choices, then switch it over to the wedding party station. Thank you for your help!

• Kelly
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, good! So we can make separate playlists. Do you pay for Spotify or have the free version?

• Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The paid version is the best option, since the free version has ads and you cannot chose a specific song. The paid option gives you more flexibility.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics