Ashley M
VIP August 2017

MUA pricing

Ashley M, on November 18, 2016 at 3:50 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 41
Saved Save

Is $200 a typical price for a make up artist? I feel like that's a little ridiculous.. I was expecting 100$

41 Comments

• Anne
    Master April 2017
    Anne ·
    • Flag

Mine is $135 for the day of and then $65 for any trials, so it works out to be $200. Does yours include a trial?

• Mariah
    VIP April 2017
    Mariah ·
    • Flag

It depends on your answers to the above questions.

Mine is going to be airbrushed, and she charges $60. She has done my make up before and does a fantastic job. However, I live in a smaller town in Oklahoma so things aren't as pricy.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

That's a lot IMO - I paid $90 for mine and my BMs paid $75 for their makeup. Non-airbrush

• NewlyWeducated
    Expert November 2016
    NewlyWeducated ·
    • Flag

Hmm, that might be about right if it's for airbrush. Mine charged $275 for airbrush makeup, false lashes, and hair styling. She charged $250 for the regular makeup & hair option.

• Meghan
    Super July 2017
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

That's standard in my parts which is why I'm doing my own.

• Lacy
    Super March 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

Mine is 220 for hair plus makeup and she's coming to me at the hotel I'm staying at

• LC
    Expert June 2017
    LC ·
    • Flag

Mine is $300 for makeup, lashes, hair and trials. I definitely shopped around though because I've seen higher prices than what I am paying. I feel comfortable with what I am paying to get the quality that I am looking for.

• tjacob2014
    VIP April 2017
    tjacob2014 ·
    • Flag

Mine is $400 just for day of hair and make up (airbrush with lashes), not including trial. It depends on your area. I'm in NY

• Carol
    Super October 2017
    Carol ·
    • Flag

200 here for makeup and hair

• Ashley M
    VIP August 2017
    Ashley M ·
    • Flag

I am located in Grand Rapids Michigan. The trial is an extra $100. It includes airbrush or traditional (whatever you prefer), false lashes, lip exfoliation, and extra make up so you can do touch ups throughout the day.

• Nikol
    VIP December 2017
    Nikol ·
    • Flag

Normally they charge for travel, and trial...I've been getting quotes everywhere from $85 for bride, and $65 for maids (not airbrush) to $140 bride and $100 maids.

I've also seen some MUA offering free trials if you book with them, or they charge extra. I'm in Southern California though.

I used WW and Wedding.com to look and get quotes!

• Anne
    Master April 2017
    Anne ·
    • Flag

Since it doesn't include a trial, then I think that is definitely a higher end MUA. It all depends if that is one of your higher priorities.

• Ashley M
    VIP August 2017
    Ashley M ·
    • Flag

There's only about 6 people listed near me on WW. Her price on WW said starting at 85$.. now apparently she only offers the $200 option. Pisses me off when vendors don't update their shit! Lol

• Jesikah
    VIP October 2017
    Jesikah ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on where you're located plus a travel fee

• Jesikah
    VIP October 2017
    Jesikah ·
    • Flag

I think you should go to like a department store.... maybe a MAC counter. Most of those girls do free lancing on the side and see if they can quote you a price also show their picture book

• ashleydale715
    Devoted June 2017
    ashleydale715 ·
    • Flag

I found a few on location airbrush for $200, but that was certainly on the high end. I ended up booking for less than half that for bridesmaids ($85) and around 115 for me. This includes travel/onsite at my hotel and a trial

• Jesikah
    VIP October 2017
    Jesikah ·
    • Flag

Also you're wedding isn't till 12/17 you should go to bridal shows and see if you can get a special booking offer

• ChristinaNYC
    Master December 2016
    ChristinaNYC ·
    • Flag

One of the quotes I received was $500.

• Nikol
    VIP December 2017
    Nikol ·
    • Flag

Ashley....did you mention that to her? Try Wedding.com too!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

If it's out of your budget, keep looking!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics