IslandBride88
Devoted November 2018

Mother of the Bride

IslandBride88, on July 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved Save
Hello everyone! I’m helping my mom with her shopping and wanted suggestions on color. My bridesmaids are wearing burgandy/wine and groomsmen navy. TIA

19 Comments

• Ingrid
    Super September 2018
    Ingrid ·
    I love when MOB wears a darker champagne color as long as it isn’t too white! Good luck in your shopping!
  • Jules
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jules ·

Totally Following this post! I have similar colors- Burgundy/wine and blush! I'm hoping to find my mother a nice light pink colored dress, and I think the MOG is leaning towards navy to match her son

• WED18
    July 1993
    WED18 ·

I found that when I went shopping the colors I had in mind weren’t readily available in the dresses that looked good on me. Just go shopping with an open mind and find something that she looks and feels great in. She won’t be in pics with the wedding party, so as long as she doesn’t clash any color will be fine. PS - I’m also partial to champagne and will be wearing this dress to my youngest daughter’s wedding...

Mother of the Bride 1

• J
    Devoted August 2018
    Jillian ·
    My FMIL got a dark champagne color dress from Dillards.
    My bridesmaid color is navy.
    My mom is wearing a plum dress from Von Maur
  • Meaghan
    VIP November 2017
    Meaghan ·

My bridesmaids were in burgundy and the guys were in black tuxes, my mom ended up with a deep purple which looked lovely!

• kbrands
    Super December 2018
    kbrands ·

We are going burgundy with gold and the groomsmen are wearing dark gray. My mom chose a slate gray dress, but I told her she could wear whatever she wanted. For us, it was important to keep in mind that my parents most likely won't be in many, if any, pictures with the bridal party so the colors didn't have to match.

• Emily
    Savvy June 2019
    Emily ·
    Gold would be pretty!
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    I wanted my mom to wear a darker champagne color but she’s super picky about what she wears, so I ended up just showing her our color scheme and telling her to wear whatever she wants as long as it doesn’t clash with the color scheme
  • Chantelle
    Devoted September 2018
    Chantelle ·
    My bridesmaids are in burgundy as well and my mom bought a deep purple dress. I was surprised how well the colors worked together. We are pretty laid back and our wedding is in the middle of the forest, so I told my parents they could literally wear whatever they want. It worked out well! Haha.
  • Alicia
    Beginner November 2019
    Alicia ·
    My bridesmaids are also wearing burgundy. My mom is going to wear a couple shades lighter than the bridesmaids. She also thought about doing a silver or grey color to offset but still look put together and not much different color wise. Good luck!
  • firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·
    You don’t tell parents what color to wear. She should wear whatever color she likes and looks good in.
  • #WhenYouWishUponAWelch
    Devoted July 2019
    #WhenYouWishUponAWelch ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I think to each their own. I am giving my mom advice on color but did not for my FMIL. My mom wants the help and advice and doesnt even want to but anythig without me there. While i dont find it necessary i am happy to do that with her. And it seems her mom is looking for the help it is not being forced.
  • IslandBride88
    Devoted November 2018
    IslandBride88 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    She’s the one who told me to ask....
  • IslandBride88
    Devoted November 2018
    IslandBride88 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you that is exactly the situation 👍🏽
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

My mom is wearing Navy because that is the color she feels most comfortable - my BM's are wearing navy too.

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

Those are the colors the people in our bridal parties are wearing. My mom found a knee length navy dress she is wearing (as of now). With a few months to go she might change her mind, but as of now she will be wearing navy.

• #WhenYouWishUponAWelch
    Devoted July 2019
    #WhenYouWishUponAWelch ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You are welcome! Happy shopping!
  • Rachel
    VIP September 2018
    Rachel ·

I think that traditionally MOB's shouldn't match the BM's but I was okay with anything but white.my mom chose blush which really suits her!!

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·

Champagne or grey would look nice with your colors.

Comment on this discussion