LV BRIDE
Expert July 2016

Morning wedding menu

LV BRIDE, on April 7, 2016 at 12:01 AM Posted in Planning 0 43
Saved Save

As the dates is approaching I had had to made some sacrifices in order to be able to afford the rest of the balances I have. Mid-way through I lost one of my jobs.

One was or menu, originally we had a brunch buffet which I loved the idea of but it just wasn't in the budget.

We have a small guest list to begin with so there really wasn't any other area to make a cut.

This is the current choices in my price range... Let me also remind you I have a 10 am ceremony one of the ways we kept our cost down our budget was only 5k.

Current options:

1.)Coffee, Orange Juice, Pancake bar to include:

Buttermilk pancakes with warm maple syrup, whipped butter a fruit compote.

2.) Includes the same beverages as in one but offers danishes and muffins, no pancake

bar.

Both options include a three tier cake and champagne toast.

Also, my dress is to small and I have to pay for alterations, so I thought of purchasing a new gown but I am torn. Attached a picture of my gown.

43 Comments

• Rebecca
    VIP June 2016
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Oh I would love pancakes! Sounds like a treat to me

• lyvluv
    Devoted June 2016
    lyvluv ·
    • Flag

Pancakes all the way!

• AnnaKay
    Super June 2018
    AnnaKay ·
    • Flag

Both ideas sound great. Who would turn down pancakes?? So I vote the pancakes.

• Jennifer
    Master June 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Hi LV Bride! I'm sorry about the job and budget cuts, but your day will still be awesome. That sounds great to have a pancake bar. Most people love pancakes. It sounds more complete than muffins. I think it sounds fun and like an awesome way to start the best day of your life!!!! Smiley smile

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·
    • Flag

Hi Jennifer that is my name too Smiley smile

Yes, we both are pancake lovers anyhow and I just thought the same way you did an awesome way to start the day, and I still get to have all my guests originally planned and share it with the people I love.

• futureMrs.Poore
    Super January 2018
    futureMrs.Poore ·
    • Flag

Pancakesss

• Jen D.
    VIP May 2017
    Jen D. ·
    • Flag

Pancakes!! 1- they're amazing, and 2- they're more substantial

• FutureMrsH
    VIP June 2017
    FutureMrsH ·
    • Flag

Pancakes!!! Can you throw in some bacon?

• therightLane
    Master October 2017
    therightLane ·
    • Flag

Pancakes, but I would see if you can add on some protein like bacon, eggs, or sausage. Those shouldn't be very expensive.

• Cassandra
    Super August 2016
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag

Love pancakes! Super tasty and comforting. Smiley smile

• Mariaa002
    Devoted April 2016
    Mariaa002 ·
    • Flag

Pancakes!

• mrjonesandme
    Master September 2016
    mrjonesandme ·
    • Flag

I am the type that doesn't sleep before a big event...so I will be up all night. That means (since the whole BP will be staying on the property in one house) I will be in the kitchen bright and early making pancakes, bacon, eggs, and anything else I feel like that morning. That's just me....I know that about myself.

• K
    Devoted December 2016
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

Pancakes all the way!

• Laura
    WeddingWire Administrator June 2010
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I love the idea of the pancake bar, but I agree that it would be good to add a protein (bacon and/or sausage) in with it. Even if you have to scale the cake back to be able to afford to add the meat. I'm not diabetic, but pancakes are the one thing guaranteed to make my blood sugar spike and then drop if I don't have enough protein with them. Also, you may want to provide a way for guests to take their slice of wedding cake home with them for later since that would be a lot of sugar right after eating a pancake breakfast.

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·
    • Flag

Pancakes are yum-o! I'm jealous I don't get to have them now. Smiley winking With budget cuts and your dress not fitting, I would just move forward with alterations. I would imagine that would be cheaper than buying a new gown.

• Jeleebeenz
    VIP September 2015
    Jeleebeenz ·
    • Flag

Pancakes sound wonderful, but it really does need a protein. Everything you are serving is a carb fest - do you have any diabetics attending?

I love pancakes and I think all couples should stay within their budget but your menu is coffee and a super ton of carbs. Can you add a protein?

• Kathryn
    Dedicated September 2016
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

We are doing a morning wedding with a brunch buffet too! Partly because we are paying 100% ourselves, and it is significantly less expensive... But also because we both LOVEE breakfast food! We are doing a waffle bar with eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausage. Then of course fruit and juices... And mimosas!! Smiley winking I totally agree with PP, go for the pancakes!! Adding some sort of protein would be a great idea- even if you have to take a step back on the cake or something. I'll let you in on my secret... We are doing sheet cakes (no one will know) and a super small cake to cut. Good luck to you!!

• RJmargo
    Master May 2016
    RJmargo ·
    • Flag

Pancakes sound great! I do agree that I would try to add scrambled eggs and bacon to the menu to add some protein. Could you downgrade the cake? Or switch the cake to another dessert like cupcakes?

• Jeleebeenz
    VIP September 2015
    Jeleebeenz ·
    • Flag

Also, could you ditch the Champaign toast?

• Future Mrs. Holz
    Super June 2017
    Future Mrs. Holz ·
    • Flag

If I was a guest I would be all about option 1

Comment on this discussion