We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Desiree
Savvy August 2019

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses

Desiree, on February 20, 2019 at 12:46 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save
Hi everyone,
I’m wondering if any of you have done mismatched bridesmaid dresses? I’m thinkng for my bridesmaids blush/champagne colors for their dresses however there’s a broad spectrum of blush. I’m mostly just letting my bridesmaid pick their own dresses and four of them have gotten their dresses (which are all beautiful!) but very, very different. I know that’s kind of the point but I’m just wondering if any of you have done mismatched bridesmaid dresses and if so, did you try To make sure if blended well with with other bridesmaids or the variation is kind of what makes the mismatched look?

11 Comments

• N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    • Flag
    A quick google search on mismatched bridesmaid blush will show you how cohesive it can still look. Don’t worry!
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Friend of mine had completely mixed dresses and it actually looked gorgeous

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 1
  • Katie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Variation definitely helps with the mismatched look! My cousin did her group of girls as mismatched dresses and I am too!
    The blue photo is hers. I'm letting my girls use a palette from blush to burgundy so it's kinda up to them but I gave this photo I found on Google as an example. They also said it took some stress off them to get exactly matching shades since they're buying their own dress

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 2

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 3
  • A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    • Flag

I'm doing mismatched blue dresses and leaving it up to them to buy something they like. All the pinterest pictures I've seen of mismatch look great. Also, a wedding I went to recently did champagne/blush mismatch and it looked awesome! I think it will look great Smiley smile

• Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita ·
    • Flag

My thought on mismatch is to go all the way. Make the bouquets slightly unique, and make each shade distinctively different (no two that are incredibly similar). Either go for cohesion or intentional individuality.

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    We are! Same color, different dresses. We are using Azazie. Two of them have pretty much picked, these are the dresses. In Azazie you can put their name by a dress in your showroom so they all know who picked what

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 4

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 5
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    We are doing mismatched but it will be same dress in multiple shades of purple.
  • Veronica
    Savvy May 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Hi all! My brides
  • Veronica
    Savvy May 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Sorry typed too fast. So my bridesmaids all have different colors. They compliment one another, all pastels and they are all a one shoulder except for my MOH
  • Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa ·
    • Flag

Hi! My bridesmaids will all be wearing blush. I let them buy their dresses from wherever. This means that all their dresses are slightly different shades of blush, but overall I think it's a good look. I'm not a fan of overly matchy matchy and I think it matches my décor well, like there's no "perfect blush" flower, all my centerpieces have different shades of blush because flowers are naturally different and similar at the same time

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Mix and match bridesmaid dresses 6

I didn't want or need them to match each other completely - just gave them their color name and store, and said "go for it!" They were cohesive, but didn't match. I always think "matchy matchy" is so hard on the girls!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles