Brittany
Expert May 2019

Missing stone :(

Brittany, on January 8, 2019 at 6:42 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 8
Saved Save
I took my ring off earlier today when I was scrubbing the bathtub. I had left it on FH鈥檚 desk and forgotten to put it back on before going into work. He just brought it to me and pointed out that one of the sapphires is missing! Thankfully I have insurance on it but I鈥檓 so upset 馃槶

Missing stone :( 1

8 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    Oh no!!! That's one of my biggest fears!! I've knocked my hand pretty hard on some door frames die a little inside every time.
  • Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa
    This just happened to me last week! We are moving and I must have caught the ring on a box or something while I was packing. FH came home and pointed out that the main stone from my ring was missing! We ended up finding it but my heart sank when I saw it was missing. My ring is currently being repaired. It's so lucky that you have it insured! Hopefully you can have it fixed soon and no other stones fall out in the future.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie

Oh no, Brittany!! Luckily it's insured, but have you looked for the missing stone? I hope you can get it fixed soon!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

I honestly had never given it much thought because I get it cleaned/the prongs checked pretty regularly but I was so upset last night!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

I hate to hear that it happened to you too. I'm glad you found your stone though! I work in insurance and to be honest, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have insured it! FH is calling the jeweler so we can get the ball rolling as soon as they open today.

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my gosh. We were on our hands and knees with flashlights looking for it last night. It would help if I knew more of when/where I lost it. I know it was there around 8:00 yesterday morning but no idea what happened after that! Hopefully the jeweler & insurance company play nicely together and I can send it off for repairs this weekend!

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca

Aw Brittany, I'm so sorry I'm so glad you have insurance on it, but it's still disappointing! Hoping for a speedy repair

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sending you good vibes that it gets fixed quickly!!

Comment on this discussion