Kris E
VIP May 2015

Mini Surprise BAM: Unexpected Pro Pics

Kris E, on June 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 35
Saved Save

I had several professional photographers attend my wedding. None of them are event photographers. It was 2 art nude photographers, 1 sports photographer, and a still life photographer.

I used to work as an art form model and they are friends from that part of my life. I seated them on the opposite side of the room from my pastor FIL. I digress, apparently one of them brought their camera and just sent me a couple shots.

The first two are from the ceremony.

Pic 1: Unfortunately, this is the officiant talking Brandon out of making an announcement that the ceremony should be unplugged. I still can't remember anything about walking down the aisle except for 3 tablets in my face. I am still a little bitter.

Pic 2: This is me fixing my husbands boutonniere. Whoever put it on him broke the stem popped out of the ribbon. Only the wire held it in. No wonder there were 8 stabs through the middle.

Pic 3: First Dance

Can you tell I didn't have a great time at the ceremony?

35 Comments

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

I will tell you more about how much I hated the ceremony when I do my official BAM and advice.

Photo 4: When he decide to try and drop me during the first dance. I was more than a little anxious, but made a great photo. I think we will print this one.

Photo 5&6: Our cake. I wish I had added another smaller tier to transition from the bottom tier to the next one.

• FMM
    Master January 2016
    FMM ·
    • Flag

It all looks beautiful.. Your dress is lovely!

• SimpleSeamstress
    Master June 2015
    SimpleSeamstress ·
    • Flag

Ahh you look beautiful. Love your side braid.

• OriginalRandi
    Master November 2015
    OriginalRandi ·
    • Flag

Oh my goodness, so beautiful! Actually I would never have guessed you were disappointed with the ceremony. So sorry it didn't go has you'd hoped! Looking forward to the advice in your official BAM. For now, LOVE this sneak peek. What a gorgeous bride. Smiley smile

• Nay0801
    VIP August 2015
    Nay0801 ·
    • Flag

I think it all looks very lovely. Congrats: )

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Wtf is with people and tablets? What's so hard about using your phone?

Anyway...great pics! It's awesome that you had so many people taking pro pics from all angles!

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

@Tania, it just didn't go as planned. I had a written document that I went over with my husband, and asked him to facilitate that conversation with our officiant who is really good friends with his dad and him. Apparently he didn't and things just weren't handled right.

Add on to that my husband was so caught up that he didn't ever come back for our first look, so I was upset about that and I didn't have my phone to call him because he told me not to bring it down the aisle. Long story...

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

@KM I didn't expect these pictures. I invited them all as guests. I actually had a conversation with one of them before hand. We are going to do some boudoir shots of husband for our first anniversary. He was a little miffed I didn't ask him before the wedding.

I don't remember seeing anyone taking more than a couple pictures. But I think 3 or 4 of them brought dslrs.

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

The view from your venue looks amazing! It's great that you had pros as guests and get some nice shots to tide you over until you get your official pictures.

You looked very pretty!

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

Thanks Valerie.

Tania, unfortunately no. By the time I realized, he wasn't coming. I was way too anxious to do anything about it. I just took some pictures with my bridesmaids. Then my mom and my Titas came back to check on me cause they knew I don't do this sort of thing well. Then I was upset, so I am terrified my photos during the cocktail hour are going to be awful.

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Awww very nice! I'm curious about the rest of the story!

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous!!

• Missys984
    Master October 2015
    Missys984 ·
    • Flag

That is awesome that someone got these shots. I love the one of him dipping you. I'm petrified that people are going to be standing/ sticking their phones out in the aisle while my photographer is trying to get pictures. One of these people being my mom. I want to go unplugged but at the same time don't. Might just tell people to be mindful of our photographers.

I can't wait for your full BAM and why you hated your ceremony. That makes me sad!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

I can't believe people... TABLETS?!

Anyway your wedding still looks beautiful, but I'm sorry you hated the ceremony Smiley sad

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

@Melissa, we had an unplugged note in the ceremony program, but DH was suppose to do an announcement before it started. I think unplugged ceremonies are great. There is plenty of time for pictures at the reception.

I couldn't see DH until I got to the aisle because of a tablet on his side on the third row.

It wouldn't be as big a deal if the aisle was wider. Part of getting married in a garden. You have to set things up where they fit.

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

The pictures are great and how awesome that you were able to get some before. I'm interested in here the rest of the story and why you had tablets in your face...

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

That picture of you guys dancing is ADORABLE. Tablets...wtf. We're telling people the church doesn't permit them (whereas they only don't allow flash photography). Ridiculous. But not you guys. You looked gorgeous!

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

Beautiful shots. We went to a wedding 2 weekends ago and there was phones everywhere. My FH was like we are def NOT allowing that (which I am all for). BUT the officiant made an announcement and when you walked in the guy said "Welcome please put your phone away and on silent" Still once one person does it anyway phones started coming out all over the place. The first dance too. I dont get ppl??? 4 years ago you took a few pictures at an event you uploaded them later when you got home. Now with instagram and unlimited data ppl upload every moment literally. video the whole event. So sad

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

My real question is, y'all took all these pictures and didn't put them anywhere. That is mostly the older people in our families. I saw you take videos and pictures... Where are they?

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

It looks gorgeous that picture of you guys dancing is amazing!

Congratulations! Cannot wait to see the full BAM.

Comment on this discussion