P
Just Said Yes September 2012

midwest honeymoon

Portia, on March 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
Saved Save

I'm looking for somewhere to go on our honeymoon. We live near St Louis and don't want to go to far. Within driving distance I guess. We have thought about Nashville. Any ideas?

6 Comments

• krisalicious
    Master April 2012
    krisalicious ·

Nashville is awesome. We live there now. There's a lot to do, especially if you like funky bars and country music.

The smoky mountains would be very nice that time of year - further east in Knoxville but still a doable drive.

Also - if you want something super quiet and low-key, the Hocking Hills outside of Logan Ohio are UNBELIEVABLY gorgeous and nobody knows they're there. You can rent a gorgeous isolated cabin with a hot tub and a beautiful view, hike, relax and recharge for not a lot of money. We just went back for Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite places ever.

• Future Mrs.
    Super May 2012
    Future Mrs. ·

Nashville is great! Look into Galena, IL. I'm guessing it'd be somewhere around a 6 hour drive for you. It's beautiul!

• Meghan
    Super July 2012
    Meghan ·

St. Louis bride too!! Welcome!

A coworker is getting married soon and him and his new wife are going to Gatlinburg TN & Pigeon Forge. They have a LOT of private cabins and gorgeous views of the mountains. You could have a lot of privacy.

I'm thinking of heading there for my fiance's 30th birthday.

http://www.gatlinburgcabinsonline.com/

Also, as crazy as it is, you can have a great honeymoon up in Chicago. I personally haven't been there but 2-3 times in my lifetime. I need to go again, and it'd be nice to plan a nice romantic time.

• krisalicious
    Master April 2012
    krisalicious ·

Ooooh yes Chicago is super fun. FH is from there and that's where we're getting married. Great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, sightseeing, architecture tours....Sign up for the Chicago Groupon/Living Social emails and you can even get awesome hotel stays at really nice downtown places.

Meghan we stayed in Pigeon Forge last year when we visited the Smokies! So gorgeous and really great hiking, lots to do.

• P
    Just Said Yes September 2012
    Portia ·

Wow, lots of great options!!! Thank you fellow brides!

• T
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Tonia ·

Check out Galena, IL. www.visitgalena.org

Comment on this discussion