M
Savvy September 2014

Men's Wearhouse

M, on June 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

I went on Sunday to get pricing for a tux for the best man and my brother the total cost was $215. Is this normal?

It is for the Joseph Abboud tux.

10 Comments

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·

Is this $215 for one tux or two?

My husband's tux cost around $150 - but he had a discount because I bought my dress at David's Bridal.

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·

The one my FBIL chose for the GMs (he's the BM) ended up being $260! I thought that was too much myself but I'm not the one paying for it...FH got his for free because there were 6 people renting tuxes besides him. They got theirs at Jos. A. Banks.

• tnovak
    Super August 2014
    tnovak ·

To rent or purchase? We are buying a tux online for $95 I guess it depends on what you have picked out. I would think renting would be cheaper.

• M
    Master August 2014
    Miss S. ·

We went there fore the Vera Wang tux. Same price.

• DanieGee
    VIP October 2014
    DanieGee ·

FH picked out $200 tuxes from MW. I was shocked - the guys will be paying more for their outfits than the bridesmaids will be!!

• Kasheena
    Super October 2014
    Kasheena ·

My FH has been in a couple of weddings and he paid about $220 each time.

• NewMrsWesely
    Master September 2016
    NewMrsWesely ·

For the upper end of tuxedo rentals yes. The lower end for complete rental is over 90. This is also the numbers from back in 2011. If your word about the cost look at buying suits instead. Lol it may cost more but it's not a rental. Also MW had tons of buy one get one free sales

• M
    Savvy September 2014
    M ·

OK, I guess that is normal. I've been trying to look for coupons online and found $40 off.

My FH is getting his made so he isn't in the running for a free tux, besides we only have 2 men in the wedding party.

Thanks all!

• Brandy
    Super September 2014
    Brandy ·

We were there a couple of weekends to rent one for a friends wedding and it was 210.

• Melissa
    Expert September 2014
    Melissa ·

They're insanely expensive and they wanted my ring bearer to pay the same price!! We ordered a suit for him and his little brother for like $60 from sears. The guys are all wearing matching tuxes and FH didn't want it any other way...

Comment on this discussion