michelle d
VIP January 2018

Men's attire advice

michelle d, on August 8, 2017 at 5:47 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save

Do you think I can just tell the groomsmen to wear a charcoal grey suit with a navy tie and let them either wear what they have in their wardrobe, buy or rent? I could also do black with navy ties. My girls are all in floor length navy dresses. All different. I just have them a color and length.

7 Comments

• MrsSki
    Master April 2017
    MrsSki ·
    • Flag

I think losing them wear whatever gray or black suit they have would look lovely with navy!

• Kelly
    Super September 2017
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

I think gray with navy ties would look great.

• Sarah
    Super June 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Absolutely fine. We did something similar and it turned out really well. We told the groomsmen to wear dark grey suits. DH wore navy suit and we provided matching lighter blue ties and pocket squares.

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag

Not only will it work, it is very thoughtful. Encouraging the men to wear a grey suit of their choice allows them to keep within their own budget.

• Christina
    Super June 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Gray and navy look very nice together. Buying might be a bit more than renting but it's something that they can wear again!

• Bunnycita
    Super October 2017
    Bunnycita ·
    • Flag

That will look perfect. My bms are wearing navy blue as well. The gm will be wearing navy blue suits w silver ties.

• SpringBride2018
    Super April 2018
    SpringBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Not a fan of black and navy. I would definitely go with gray. I think its awesome you are being so considerate of the GM.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics