K
Beginner June 2020

Men?

Kenyatta , on November 9, 2017 at 10:53 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 66
Saved Save

Why do men say they want a wedding when really in reality they don't. My fiance says whatever I want is what he wants.

66 Comments

• MrsMcK
    VIP September 2017
    MrsMcK ·
    • Flag

If he asked you to marry him, then it sounds like he wants a wedding.

• Sarah
    Dedicated January 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Not all men at all. My FH wants a wedding. He may not care about every single aspect of our day, but he's excited and wanted very much to help plan the parts of it he "gets" like venue, food, music, guest list, etc. The little stuff escapes him, like flowers and decor. Otherwise he's stoked.

• ReadytoWed
    Dedicated August 2018
    ReadytoWed ·
    • Flag

My FH is definitely “over it” . I think it’s more the hoopla over the day that some guys aren’t into, At the end of the day, I think most men just want us girls to be happy and they go along with whatever we want and most women are totally into the wedding day at least to some degree.

• RaeGin
    Master September 2017
    RaeGin ·
    • Flag

That's a bit of a generalization.

My DH wanted a wedding WAY more than I did.

• Kourtney
    Beginner December 2017
    Kourtney ·
    • Flag

• Kelsey Brielle
    Super June 2022
    Kelsey Brielle ·
    • Flag

To make you happy. My FH does the same thing, because making me happy makes him happy. So whatever I want he wants too lol.

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·
    • Flag

Not true at all. My FH is sometimes much picker than I am. And he gets upset if he feels like a vendor ignores him to speak only too me.

• K
    Beginner June 2020
    Kenyatta ·
    • Flag

He says he just wants to marry me...Wedding or Courthouse. He doesn't want me to spend so much money on this big wedding that I want.

• caitlin
    Super May 2017
    caitlin ·
    • Flag

My H was as into the planning process as i was--he was actually the one who wanted a big wedding in the first place. gender based stereotyping hurts all of us btw!

• mrsmack
    VIP April 2017
    mrsmack ·
    • Flag

My DH is the reason that we didn't just say "fuck it" and elope lol. Sometimes it was tough to get opinions from him on certain things because he had no preference, like on centerpieces and other decor. Is that your issue?

• MrsMcK
    VIP September 2017
    MrsMcK ·
    • Flag

So he wants a wedding, just one that doesn't break the bank.

• KatieMBY
    VIP January 2018
    KatieMBY ·
    • Flag

Don't gender stereotype.

Also, not all men have the "I don't care" attitude. My FH actually cares about certain details, but I'm a little more obsessed with making things perfect.

• Ashlee
    VIP September 2017
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

Sounds like your FH is concerned about money. Have you tried talking to FH about his concerns?

• K
    Beginner June 2020
    Kenyatta ·
    • Flag

Maybe it's me then. I was having a panic attack this morning cause now I don't kno...Wedding or nah. It's so much.

• melanie
    Master August 2017
    melanie ·
    • Flag

My husband wanted a wedding and helped me plan most of it

• Bulbasaur
    Devoted December 2017
    Bulbasaur ·
    • Flag

My fiance was originally out of wedding planning, telling me to do whatever I want. Since we started he's gotten more into it. Sometimes it just takes time.

• FutureMrsJochum
    Beginner August 2019
    FutureMrsJochum ·
    • Flag

It's okay, my FH is the same way. He tells me all the time I just wanna marry you, I don't care where, when, or if we have chicken or beef. Lol but then he'll hear a song on the radio and say I like this for our 1st dance lol or I'll show him a venue and he'll say not there, or I'll ask him which soup would you prefer a or b and he says b. It's not that he doesn't want a wedding it's just that he knows even less about planning than you do and he gets just as overwhelmed but twice as fast as you do, so just give him simple options ask him straight forward questions he can say yes or no to...ask him if he has colors he absolutely does not want and if he says purple don't respond with well what about plum cause all he's gonna think is that's purple too...the most important thing for him is he gets to marry the girl of his dreams and honestly even if that's all he makes a decision about for the wedding, isn't that enough?

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

Men?

Isn't a question.

What's your actual question.

What don't you know- what's causing you a panic attack? if you want a wedding- if you want to marry that man specifically? if you don't want a party. You need to be more specific.

• H
    Dedicated October 2019
    H ·
    • Flag

It sounds like he does want to marry you - he is just being realistic about the budget. If you two are paying for your own wedding you should probably sit down and talk about what you want to spend. the big wedding you want might not be one you can afford.

• K
    Beginner June 2020
    Kenyatta ·
    • Flag

@mrsmack...yes. He's not interested in the process of planning this wedding. It's whatever I want.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics