Misty
Savvy April 2017

May change venue to Vegas

Misty, on April 18, 2016 at 2:24 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

Trying to plan this traditional wedding is starting to make me mad the cheapest I can find every single thing about $12,000 for a four hour party where my family just eats and leaves if I switch to the Flamingo in Las Vegas I can have 80 guests it would be $5,000 for everything and I would have a fun upbeat dance party 4 hours plus a lot of family that lives in California who wouldn't otherwise be able to come will be there and those people are most important to me just wondering if anyone else has gotten married at the Flamingo and how it went my honey proposed to me at the waterfall there and this picture is where the ceremony would be just don't know if this is the best way to go but it's sounding better and better

24 Comments

• 2016beachwedding
    VIP October 2016
    2016beachwedding ·
    • Flag

I couldn't justify 12000 either for four hours

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

You need punctuation holy crap oh my goodness i can barely understand what you are saying as there is not one period exclamation point comma or anything

• Misty
    Savvy April 2017
    Misty ·
    • Flag

No punctuation because I'm using talk to text on my phone

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

Trying to plan this traditional wedding is starting to make me mad (stop)

the cheapest I can find every single thing about $12,000 for a four hour party where my family just eats and leaves (stop)

if I switch to the Flamingo in Las Vegas I can have 80 guests it would be $5,000 for everything and I would have a fun upbeat dance party 4 hours (stop)

plus a lot of family that lives in California who wouldn't otherwise be able to come will be there and those people are most important to me (stop)

just wondering if anyone else has gotten married at the Flamingo and how it went (stop)

my honey proposed to me at the waterfall there and this picture is where the ceremony would be (stop)

just don't know if this is the best way to go but it's sounding better and better (stop)

• Future Mrs.
    Devoted September 2016
    Future Mrs. ·
    • Flag

You should do Vegas,sounds good and cheaper solution!

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Misty, how is ceremony and reception being set up exactly? How is 80 ppl only $5000? This is for the ceremony and dinner/buffet what?

I got a price of $11k for a ceremony and cocktail / hors devour reception for 2 hours at aria. For about 40 ppl. That's not including the open bar.

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in Vegas and it will cost about 11k for 35 people. This includes the venue (in suite), flowers, officiant, photographer, premium open bar (for 2 hours) and food stations. If you got a quote of 5k for 80 people that's a great deal depending on what's included.

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in Vegas at the Tropicana in their Island Chapel it's sort of a south beach themed chapel. I am paying about 5k all inclusive for about 50 people.

• FallforLindahl
    VIP June 2017
    FallforLindahl ·
    • Flag

Go cheap and spend some money on the honeymoon!

• K
    Super August 2016
    Kobieta ·
    • Flag

When I use my talk-to-text, and say "period" or "question mark," it will add punctuation. Just a helpful idea.

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Honey badger where is your ceremony and dinner? I know in suite. What hotel? I'm still researching.

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·
    • Flag

The Cosmopolitan ETA: it's 6500 for the wedding suite and then $150pp minimum for food (either in restaurant or heavy apps/station in suite)

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Thanks HONEYBADGER I'm gonna have the check this out. Stupid question... Do they clean up or do you have to clean up the suite?

• FutureMrsW
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsW ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in Vegas! I'm stoked. It can be as inexpensive or expensive as you wish. But it's a total blast!

• Mrs.G
    Master April 2017
    Mrs.G ·
    • Flag

Were getting married in Vegas at the linq. I'm not sure where we plan on having our reception but I think that's where we'll spend a big chunk of money. We went the Vegas route because it fits within our budget.

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·
    • Flag

@Jennifer they will clean but if you are doing a lot of DIY you'll want to double check about that. I'm not a crafty person and just keeping it simple.

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Thanks HoneyB!!!!

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·
    • Flag

Here is a pic I took of it this weekend

• H
    Super February 2017
    Honey Badger ·
    • Flag

This shows bar area and seating

• Sour shoes
    VIP September 2017
    Sour shoes ·
    • Flag

Very nice. We're going in June to check things out!!

Thanks again HB

Comment on this discussion