We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Mrs.Diercks
Dedicated October 2013

Mason Jar Help!

Mrs.Diercks, on October 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 11
Saved Save

Hello! I am having trouble deciding what to put under the candles in our mason jars. Our centerpiece is a small fall tree with two buckets hanging from the branches with candles in them, a small pumpkin and a mason jar with a bigger candle in it. My FH suggested sand but I was hoping to have a few options. I considered candy corn but would that be OK for a wedding? I also can't decide how to decorate the mason jars since the pot the tree is in is half wrapped in burlap. Any help is much appreciated.

11 Comments

• About2bMrs.T
    Super October 2015
    About2bMrs.T ·
    • Flag

I like the candy corn idea but also small pebbles works well to

• Tabatha
    Devoted September 2014
    Tabatha ·
    • Flag

Sugar or epson salt you can find ways on pinterest how to turn the sugar into edible glitter..

• Keli
    Dedicated October 2013
    Keli ·
    • Flag

Popcorn kernels?

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·
    • Flag

What about doing a floating candle on water in the mason jars?

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·
    • Flag

How about something like this? It is called jellybean glass and comes in many different colors.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

You could also use black beans - you can spray paint them any color or just leave them black and they look gorgeous - jewelry stores use them in displays a lot!

• Mrs.Diercks
    Dedicated October 2013
    Mrs.Diercks ·
    • Flag

I like all of these ideas. Smiley smile I would have never thought of using popcorn kernels.

• MrsReed
    Expert November 2013
    MrsReed ·
    • Flag

How about small rocks/pepples? Like really small ones that give the rustic look?

• Mrs.Diercks
    Dedicated October 2013
    Mrs.Diercks ·
    • Flag

I like those! Where did you find them soon2B MrsReed?

• Service Hight
    Savvy October 2014
    Service Hight ·
    • Flag

I think candy corn would be a bit weird. What you could do is get some fake fall leaves or maybe real ones. Find a candle holder that will hold itself up in the rim on the jar but also hang inside it so that way the candle wont heat up the leaves.

• P
    Dedicated July 2010
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Dried Beans, marbles, uncooked rice, buttons, beads, jelly beans...

Go to the bulk barn and walk up an down the isles to see if there is something you like

I think if you fill the mason jars 1/2 with string pearls (the ones you hang on Christmas tree's) add a thick 2 1/2 inch ribbon of lace around the outside of the jar, then add a skinny/thin ribbon of your wedding color over top the lace. centered tied with a small bow. And a button from a grandmothers dress or mothers dress attached. Add in a small candle or battery operated one.

Or you can glue the string pearls around the outside of the jar 1/2 way up

Here's a few other ways to decorate your jars

Comment on this discussion

Related articles