Amy L
VIP September 2014

Married ladies what are you doing with your dress.

Amy L, on October 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Posted in Married Life 46

My dress has been in the bag laying on the spare bed for a month. Did any of you ladies get your dress cleaned? Any one send there's off to the David's bridal cleaning service? I'd like to keep mine if I have a girl I'd have it made into her baptism or first communion dress.

My dress has been in the bag laying on the spare bed for a month. Did any of you ladies get your dress cleaned? Any one send there's off to the David's bridal cleaning service?

I'd like to keep mine if I have a girl I'd have it made into her baptism or first communion dress.

46 Comments

• LB
    Master May 2014
    LB ·
    • Flag

I gave mine to my cleaning lady. She sent it to a family member in the Ukraine.

• Lindsay Y
    VIP July 2014
    Lindsay Y ·
    • Flag

I'm too sentimental to let go of it. I still need to get it cleaned though.

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

I had mine washed, and they boxed it up. Now it's waiting for my 25th anniversary, when DH promised me a big party so I can wear it again (if I still fit in it Smiley sexy). I am an atheist, so no baptism/christening gowns, plus I have two boys, and really, who actually says, "Oh, I'd love to wear my mother in law's dress!"? So I have no illusions that anyone I know will want to wear it again.

• SoontobeNicoleEstevez
    Devoted August 2016
    SoontobeNicoleEstevez ·
    • Flag

I'm not married yet but I plan on saving mine to recreate that first look moment down the line at our vow renewal.

• LineWife
    Super June 2014
    LineWife ·
    • Flag

I'm considering getting it preserved but having a hard time swallowing paying more to have it preserved than I did for the dress itself. So currently in a dress bag in my closet

• A&J
    Dedicated July 2014
    A&J ·
    • Flag

I haven't had it cleaned yet, but I will definitely keep it. I want to put it on after one year just to have that 'bride' feeling again. I would never want to sell it or give it away.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics