Saydee
Super August 2019

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it

Saydee, on March 6, 2019 at 8:29 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save
I did my makeup trial that and FH HATES it. He doesn't like me with makeup anyway so I anticipated him not liking it a little but ugh.. He thinks it looks draggish.. And that I don't even need but a basic foundation and gloss.

I'm going to have some slight adjustments made:

NO contour. I don't need it. I have a face shape that already creates the shadows and I don't care for slimming my nose.

A lighter lip. Really just gloss. My lips are really bright pink naturally.

Shorter eyebrow length. The tails are too long, and she did the starting points at where my brows should start because I messed them up greatest 馃様馃槀

First pic is when I first got it done. The others are as it settled later in the day and in sunlight

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it 1

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it 2

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it 3

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it 4

Makeup trial with pics- fh hates it 5

32 Comments

• Alyssa
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Alyssa
    • Flag
    Girl, you look gorgeous! My FH doesn鈥檛 care for make up either but it鈥檚 your big day and you want to feel glammed up! You already know what you want to modify/tone down and you will look stunning on your big day!
  • Holly
    Devoted June 2020
    Holly
    • Flag
    Firstly, you certainly don鈥檛 look draggish! Lol. You look beautiful! But i agree with your changes - the contoring especially isn鈥檛 really necessary since you鈥檙e not going to be on stage under heavy lights or something. I love the eyes!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag

You look GORGEOUS!!! But very glam, which may be why your FH is flipping out. I say yes to all your changes and maybe 1) tone down eyebrows and 2) less eye shadow, especially that dark color--it's too much too high 3) shorter eyelashes-either trim the sides or use smaller ones.

You look amazing but if you don't wear makeup this feels like way too much. But the colors are fabulous, MUA can just put on less of it. You're naturally gorgeous. Smiley love

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag

You look amazing, Saydee!! Smiley love I love how they did your eyes, so pretty! I think with the adjustments you want, it'll be perfect!! I don't think it looks draggish at all!

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus
    • Flag
    Don鈥檛 get me wrong, you look GREAT, but I agree with him in the sense that you would look better with less makeup. You have great skin, face shape, lips.... uhm everything! Lol I would go with a more natural glam look if I were you!
  • Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena
    • Flag
    You look rockin, I think with your adjustments it will be perfect!
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the tips. I definitely want shorter lashes, I normally don't wear them and if I do, shorter than these, but she only had the so I'm bringing my own next time. I do think I want to tone down the shadow too.
    Luckily my mua said to wear it all day, and take notes of what I like and don't like and she will make the adjustments where needed.
  • Shenell
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shenell
    • Flag
    It does not look like drag make up. Wear what you want, you look beautiful but yes the eye brows need to be toned down just a little and shortened. Other than that it鈥檚 beautiful and makes you look gorgeous.
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is the same thing my fmil said. I'm taking my notes and will have it adjusted, thanks!!
  • Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal
    • Flag
    You look very pretty. I think adjusting the eyebrows is all you need.
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee
    • Flag
    Thank you ladies. The people I know that wear makeup are loving it, but I know personally, I want a lighter look. She is happy to make changes so I'll definitely write this all down
  • Tracey & Dr. Julian
    Devoted August 2019
    Tracey & Dr. Julian
    • Flag
    Your wedding you don鈥檛 want to look basic. You want to be glammed up. Your fianc茅 loves the natural you. Which is beautiful. But do your makeup how you see fit.
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 may understand where your FH is coming from because I suspect he鈥檚 thinking, it doesn鈥檛 look like you. The cosmetologist did a great job, but one saying that has always stuck with me is try to look like yourself for your wedding day.
  • Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris
    • Flag
    I love your makeup!!! You look fabulous and very glam (which is why probably FH made the drag reference). I agree with the adjustments you were proposing, some highlighting never hurt anyone, lol! However, you can try to go for a more natural look, keep the glitter and glam, but with a more neutral palette, so that it鈥檚 not too shocking for FH. I have the same problem with mine, he doesn鈥檛 like me wearing makeup, but he knows I love makeup. So I tried to go with the more natural look, natural lips, natural eyebrows, and just one focal point: the eyes (in my case). I think if you tone down the eyebrows, you鈥檒l make a huge difference. And your natural lip colors (showing in the last few pics) is gorgeous and looks great with your makeup if you go for that color palette.
  • Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki
    • Flag

I honestly think you look AMAZING and I would literally not change one thing about it!

In photos this look is going to kill when you start to take things away you're going to change the whole look then may regret later this is photo makeup and you look like a star.

My FH always tells me he likes me better without makeup and when I take too long to get ready he always makes comments I think it's a bit of jealousy worried other people may pay attention to me.

• Melanie
    Dedicated August 2019
    Melanie
    • Flag
    I think with us ladies that wear less makeup, our FH鈥檚 aren鈥檛 used to it. I think you look amazing the way it is now and with your adjustments you鈥檒l look even more fabulous. That being said, even though you think it may be 鈥渢oo much鈥 it will actually turn out quite nicely in photographs that are taken at a normal distance (i.e. photos your photographer will be taking). Do what makes you feel comfortable though. It is your day!
  • Cara
    Expert July 2019
    Cara
    • Flag
    You look gorgeous! Your eye makeup looks awesome. I do think shortening the brows will make a big difference though and will take away what your FH is calling draggish
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia
    • Flag

You're gorgeous! but There is something off about the makeup. Did she add blush and highlight? The eyebrow length def needs to be shorter. If you decide on her contouring(I know you said you don't want it), I think she made it come down too far. Other than that I like the look.

• Mrs. C
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. C
    • Flag

It looks glamorous! The only thing I might do differently for next time is more natural looking eyebrows. Not a big fan of the "fade out"/blocky look at the start of the eyebrow. Although I am biased and have a preference for more "natural" looking brows! Other than that, I think it's perfect!! Smiley smile BTW, you are stunning.

• maryann
    Expert June 2019
    maryann
    • Flag

I think you look amazing. My FH doesn't care for me to wear makeup either, but I told him it is my day and I want to look absolutely gorgeous. But I did tell my MUA very natural I don't need all that extra stuff I just want natural and stunning....

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics