We'llAlwaysHaveParis
Master November 2013

make-up trials - observation

We'llAlwaysHaveParis, on September 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 82
Saved Save

Doesn't anyone wear a full (made-up) face everyday? I swear every time I read a post about make-up trials the bride says she barely wears any on a day-to-day basis.

I wear make-up every single day. Office appropriate, but foundation, eyeshadow/liner, lipstick (or gloss). I cannot possibly be the only one. AND, I am not afraid to go a little more dramatic for my wedding.

It doesn't matter and I'm not criticizing anyone, but it's just funny to me since so many people say it (and preface their trial experience with that info).

82 Comments

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·
    • Flag

I don't wear any make-up at all on a daily basis, but I don't know a single other girl who doesn't. You are not alone

• kt2of3
    VIP October 2013
    kt2of3 ·
    • Flag

I wear eye make up- shadow, liner, mascara. That's it. I never wear anything on my face.

• Rye
    VIP October 2014
    Rye ·
    • Flag

I wear foundation eye liner and mascara on a daily basis. My wedding is too far away for me to think about what kind of make up I want yet.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

I used to go the whole nine yards but it just took up too much time in the mornings. Now I only make up my eyes. Primer, shadow, liner and mascara.

• FinallyDoingIt
    Master July 2014
    FinallyDoingIt ·
    • Flag

I wear foundation and concealer to even out my skin and I will throw on some blush and mascara to look alive. I look ill without any makeup at all.

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

I see half and half in my world. I wear little to no makeup on a daily basis so when I did my makeup trial I was really concerned about the amount that was put on me. Any amount feels foreign to me but I do want the natural glowing diva look and I can't get that bare faced at all.

• OhHeyItsIna
    Master November 2014
    OhHeyItsIna ·
    • Flag

I'm going super dramatic with my makeup! think 1959s bombshell, Dita Von Teese, red lips Bam!Bam!Bam!

but I'm full face makeup everyday! I work for cosmetic company so I have to be!

• Liz K
    Devoted May 2014
    Liz K ·
    • Flag

I wear makeup EVERY day and I love it! even to the gym and I don't care! haha

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I've noticed that before too! I wear foundation, blush, eyeshadow, liner, and mascara everyday.

• FinallyDoingIt
    Master July 2014
    FinallyDoingIt ·
    • Flag

Thank you admitting that, Liz! I hear so many girls hating on women that wear makeup to the gym. I'm like "mind ya business". I don't cake it on but I'm not going anywhere with a bare face.

• Jacqulyn
    Dedicated October 2013
    Jacqulyn ·
    • Flag

I wear makeup if I'm having a bad skin day. Sometimes I don't need any at all. But I think I'm one of the folks who inspired the board to begin with, haha! Most women in my life don't wear any makeup at all, but I'm out in a rural area, which may account for that.

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

Oh heck yeah! Foundation, eye liner, LOTS of mascara, a bit of blusher, and lip gloss. I've gotten lazy over the past year or so and haven't been putting on eye shadow for work... I still use eye shadow primer though so it kinda looks like I'm wearing eye shadow.

• Harley_Bride102813
    Super October 2013
    Harley_Bride102813 ·
    • Flag

I don't wear much, even if I do wear make up. But generally just a little undereye coverage of some sort to cover the bags and circles, use a BB cream half the time, maybe a little mascara, otherwise just a regular moisturizer. When I'm working full time I will wear more on a regular basis. But since I'm home full time at the moment, there's nobody to impress. lol (Plus I've found that I get carded more when I go barefaced which makes me wonder about what limited make up skills I have! LOL)

• Alejandra
    Master May 2014
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag

I wear mascara everyday. Sometimes I wear eye liner and even some eye shadow, but definitely not an everyday thing. If we are going out or its a special occasion, I will add some blush as well.

• Katrina
    Devoted April 2014
    Katrina ·
    • Flag

Paris: I noticed that, too! I was thinking it's probably because the women who don't wear it daily are more nervous about having "so much" on for their wedding day and post for needed moral support.

• Jacqulyn
    Dedicated October 2013
    Jacqulyn ·
    • Flag

Katrina, that's a pretty insightful observation. I hadn't thought of that!

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

I've noticed it as well. lol.

I wear make up everyday. I'm talking primer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara - the whole thing.

I'm not very good at eye makeup though so I'm hoping to go bold with it on my wedding day - I only had a sort of half-assed trial so I'm hoping it will be okay on my wedding day. If not, I'll just add to it myself!

• KristnH
    Master November 2013
    KristnH ·
    • Flag

I don't wear any makeup at all on a daily basis, but I have plenty of friends that won't leave the house without makeup on. I even knew a girl in high school who wore a minimal amount to bed "just in case." To each their own!

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

I never wear foundation.

Most days I just wear mascara for work. I will do more for when I go out, but it's def not an everyday thing.

Eta: I'm glaming it up for the wedding though!

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·
    • Flag

I don't wear makeup, but most of my friends do on a daily basis.

Comment on this discussion