Maltese
Master June 2015

Luke Bryan's Wife's Trash the dress shoot!

Maltese, on July 14, 2015 at 7:29 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 37
Saved Save

These look great and like so much! I've been rethinking a Trash The Dress shoot, although not to the extreme that its actually ruined and came across these photos....they're adorable!

http://www.bombsoverbettyphoto.com/2013/10/08/trash-the-dress-southern-style/

37 Comments

• Amber
    VIP June 2016
    Amber ·
    • Flag

They came out awesome!

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I am not a fan of trash the dress, but I really like some of these! The Budweiser ones are awesome.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I'm definitely not a fan of the ribs/bbq sauce smear but the others look great!

• Laura Marie
    VIP September 2015
    Laura Marie ·
    • Flag

I don't know if I like this. Especially the barbecue sauce all over her dress. Yuck. I also could not pull off sitting like that in pictures. She can, I guess.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I'm really going back on forth on if I want to do one (just not to this extreme), my photog said he would do it for free and just to have fun...but I don't want to go play paintball or swimming in the dress and totally ruin it

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I think you could totally pull off ones like the Budweiser set. There's nothing there that would ruin your dress; they're just fun, un-bride-like (did I just make up a word?) pictures. I hate the BBQ sauce ones too... they make me gag a little.

FWIW, I have a couple of pictures from my wedding day like these... after getting tied up in my dress, I was tired and irritated and flopped down in a chair in a very unladylike position, LOL.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

@Ana....its not that I want to ruin the dress (I definitely don't want that happening!) but its more about having a bit more fun with the photos that you may be too uptight or stressed to get on the wedding day

• Jillian
    Master May 2015
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

I don't like the BBQ sauce on the dress. I don't know why lol. I came across a trash the dress I really like it was with all different color paint. I really liked it because it's done with the husband...not sure if they normally are or not and of course since I didn't love all our pics I thought it would be a great way to get some more. However, I just took my dress to the dry cleaner this past weekend to get preserved. It's been crossing my mind more and more though!

• Imtheone4Him
    Master September 2015
    Imtheone4Him ·
    • Flag

I found this sorta odd, bbq sauce?

• Laura Marie
    VIP September 2015
    Laura Marie ·
    • Flag

@Jillian I've seen that. I couldn't do it. I know it's a long ways away, but I would be so heartbroken if a family member asked to either wear my dress or use a piece of the lace and I had to say no because I threw neon paint all over it.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

@jillian...I would LOVE to get DH involved, but it was hard enough to get him to take engagement photos without bitching about them before, I wouldn't be able to get him to do any more photo shoots so soon after the wedding!

• Mrs. A & J
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. A & J ·
    • Flag

I think of them as artistic bridals (at least, that's what I want to do). Put on my dress and go play in water (that isn't over my head!).

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

@A&J...thats a perfect description!

• onawho
    VIP August 2015
    onawho ·
    • Flag

I think the issue with the BBQ sauce blob, is that it was placed as opposed to naturally dripping on her chest. It is off center and looks staged...because, well, it was. I would have had her eat a rib slathered in the stuff and then let it naturally drip down, not rubbed in like some kindergartner.

I also think this continues and entourages the stereotype that the South is cheap, dirty, and lacks manners; or perhaps I am just a snobby Yankee.

• onawho
    VIP August 2015
    onawho ·
    • Flag

I forgot to add my smiley face after my comment.. LOL .....or did I???? Smiley smile

• m
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

Yeah, I'm with Laura, it's trash the dress, not sit spread eagled day.

I dunno. I usually like the pretty, light, airy trash the dress shoots, with water or color. Only thing missing is a wad of chew in her lip....

Even as a self-proclaimed redneck, I find these a little cliche and tasteless.

• JCB
    Master September 2015
    JCB ·
    • Flag

I'm not really into this one. What's with the bbq sauce? Weird.

• WWKatie
    Master January 2016
    WWKatie ·
    • Flag

@m Agreed!!! I don't mind trash the dress, but these pictures give new meaning to the "trash" part. The one with the popsicle? Not into it.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

Side note, was just texting my MOH about this and we're (semi) planning a joint shoot using the BM dresses as well from each other's wedding (I was her MOH) and making a day of it...also went to email my photog about any ideas he may have and there was a message waiting from yesterday that he had finished editing his photos and was working on the ones the second shooter took and I should be able to view them online before the end of the week and a disc in the mail shortly!! ***happy dance***

• WWKatie
    Master January 2016
    WWKatie ·
    • Flag

Yayy!!! Can't wait for you to share them, Maltese!

Comment on this discussion