KM
Master March 2015

Long Post: Airbrush makeup, my dress, and news

KM, on December 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 50
Saved Save

I'll start with my makeup trial. A few ladies wanted to know how airbrush did for acne prone faces. I have to say I'm a huge fan. It felt light, although a little stiff in the beginning, it didn't irritate my skin, covered my scars very well, and it lasted through a whole day of dresses, tailgating, college football, and puppy kisses. My makeup artist also put on fake lashes. They were called "shy" and were really easy to wear without looking too dramatic. I don't wear a lot of make up on a daily basis, so I asked her to give me a look that didn't seem too outlandish for someone like me. I think I want to go a little lighter on the lips, and I also want to see if she can curl the lashes. Although I liked the fake lashes, I feel like my eyes seem more open and wide if I curl my lashes...and felt like the fakes didn't really give me that effect. Otherwise, I think she did a great job. As someone who doesn't normally wear makeup, I'm not difficult to please, so I told her to do whatever.

50 Comments

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Next up is my dress....it fit! Which was a relief. I hadn't gained any weight, but hadn't lost any either like I had planned to. We played with different veils and sash ideas at the dress shop, but I haven't really decided on anything yet. If anyone has opinions, I'm open to them! I'm in love with it and so happy it came in early so I didn't have to worry about it.

• allysia
    Master April 2016
    allysia ·
    • Flag

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you look amazing. I really love your lips and wouldn't lighten them but whatever you feel comfortable with. Gorgeous dress too

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

And the last part: news. I got the job I had an interview for! After a phone interview, skype interview, and 4 more in person interviews with everyone from the regional manager to the founder of the company, I got the call today. I'm incredibly excited and grateful. We'll be starting out in Nebraska on a really high note. Unfortunately, because I'll be so busy with work, I'll have to hire a planner to finish up the last details of the wedding, but that's okay...now that I have the extra funds to do it. Which leads me to my last point...I will be deactivating on WW. I've decided that with this job, as well as various other reasons, I need to use my time more constructively, and I don't see WW as constructive anymore. My wedding is almost done being planned and most of the girls I connected with on here are married. So that's it! I'll make one more post about my shower in a couple weeks if anyone is interested, but other than that, I'm on occasional lurker status. Thanks ladies!

• Jenn...Mrs. F!
    VIP September 2014
    Jenn...Mrs. F! ·
    • Flag

Makeup looks great!! I did individual fake lashes, it added volume and they can be curled for a bit more drama Smiley winking And they're a bit lighter feeling too, if you want to try that route. Your dress is amazing! I love the sash in your picture. And congrats on the new job!!!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Your makeup looks nice, the eyelashes aren't too overpowering, I didn't like fake lashes for me. Also your dress is beautiful!

I'm so happy you got the job! It's so cool that before you were really concerned about going to Nebraska but it sounds like you'll be starting out a nice life there doing something you enjoy. Everything happens for a reason!

Best of luck with your new job, I'm bummed I won't see you around much...but please post a BAM!

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

Congrats and good luck!

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·
    • Flag

I love your dress. It's one of the prettiest I've seen.

Congrats on the job, you guys will definitely be starting on a high note. Don't lose that momentum!

And despite your differences with people on WW (sometimes myself included), I hope you'll come back and do a BAM.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

Wow I love all of this! You look great! Congrats on the new job and best wishes.

• Mrs. A & J
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. A & J ·
    • Flag

Plleeeeeeeaase at least post a BAM!!! You look great, congrats on the job!

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

Love it all!!! And if you post a back and showered you definitely have to post the BAM as well!!

• ValZtoB
    Master March 2015
    ValZtoB ·
    • Flag

So many best wishes for you on your new new job and your new life. You look beautiful and I cannot wait to see your shower AND a BAM!

Much love and prosperity!

• Summyya
    Super May 2015
    Summyya ·
    • Flag

Congrats on the new job, enjoy your hiatus from WW, cant wait to see your BAM.

• L + R
    Master September 2014
    L + R ·
    • Flag

Your makeup and dress looks fabulous! Congrats on the new job.

• DeniseD
    Master May 2015
    DeniseD ·
    • Flag

Stunning!! Makeup looks flawless.

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Glad things are working out so well for you guys! Hope that continues, and I agree that I would love to see a BAM. Smiley smile

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

Congrats! You look awesome

• Chantel
    Master May 2014
    Chantel ·
    • Flag

I am super duper happy you got the job, congratulations. I am sad you are leaving. But I understand. I was only sticking around for your BAM so pleaase post one. I am still working on the project and should have a little preview or something in early Feb to get to you. I will pm you my email address and cell number so we can K.I.T, it is almost necessary at this point lol.

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·
    • Flag

I'm so happy for you that you got the new job. Good luck and I'll be keeping up on instagram Smiley smile

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies! I will post a BAM!

Ashley: Yes, I will be working in Omaha, he will be working in Lincoln. We're still debating on who should be the one to commute.

Chantel: Yes definitely! The company I got the job with is actually based in the Tampa area, so I will be back and forth a lot. I will actually be there for a week of training on the 15th!

• Lori
    Master June 2015
    Lori ·
    • Flag

Makeup and dress look great! Congrats on the job--I'm glad you feel better about moving to Nebraska. PM me if you have any questions about Nebraska!

We'll miss you around here.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics