MrsMtobe
Devoted December 2017

Lol oops

MrsMtobe, on Dec 7, 2017 at 1:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire

What can I do but laugh? One if the GM got arrested and will not be able to be in the wedding. It's fine, not that big of a deal. (He's kind of bad news anyways and I'm selfishly relieved because he got in a fight with FBIL a few months ago. Ie bad blood) FH is so stressed out that the numbers aren't going to be even. I told him it really didn't matter and it's wayyy better than asking someone else now and hurting their feelings. Well he already asked another friend to be a groomsman. They're men so I don't feel like he would be upset like I would. The damage is done so there's no point in stressing i guess. I really just don't want this friends feelings to be hurt. Advice?

Share:

30 Comments

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·

Got arrested and I would guess will still be in jail in three weeks. I'd be rethinking the friendship.

• MrsMtobe
    Devoted December 2017
    MrsMtobe ·

Ahh let me clarify! It's not a big deal he's not going to be in the wedding. I'm not worried about anything except FH waiting for me at the end of the aisle. I'm not stressing over the details. Hope that makes sense.

He got a DUI

• KDoubleU
    VIP October 2017
    KDoubleU ·

Well that is a sweeping generalization of men not being sensitive.

• Sarah
    Devoted June 2018
    Sarah ·

I don't think that she made a "sweeping generalization," but if you're FH's buddy isn't hurt, don't give it a second thought. Maybe bring a nice bottle of whatever he likes to drink over to his house after the wedding/honeymoon for being a good sport and so kind. My friend's husband got asked to be in a wedding the DAY OF and still didn't care. Some people are just really low-maintenance.

• Keisha
    Master September 2018
    Keisha ·

Is this his brother?

• MrsMtobe
    Devoted December 2017
    MrsMtobe ·

Yes he can get a tux in time.

No it isn't his brother. FH WAS giving him a second chance. He has a bad track record

• MrsBdeG
    Master August 2017
    MrsBdeG ·

Lol oops and DUI just don't go together in my mind.

I guess it's good no one got hurt.

• Sarah
    Devoted June 2018
    Sarah ·

She's "oops-ing" her FH asking a back-up groomsman, not the DUI

• MrsBdeG
    Master August 2017
    MrsBdeG ·

@Sarah Ahh makes sense now

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

They dont keep you in jail a month for a DUI.

• Keisha
    Master September 2018
    Keisha ·

@OGK I was thinking the same thing. Does he have to cross state lines?

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

Poor guys going to get out of lock up and his spots been filled. LOL

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

They wouldnt just keep him. He would be released on bail and then have to go to court. At least not in CT, I used to be a bartender. You learn these things.

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

Yeah but usually you can call a bails bondsman and pay him a small fee to get you out, then you owe him.

• Sarah
    Devoted June 2018
    Sarah ·

I believe @Kristin is right. He could be locked up for a couple of weeks depending on any priors, which it sounds like there were. As for bail, I know OP and I are about the same age (presumably this GM is too), and I certainly don't have $10,000 to spend on getting myself or anyone out of jail. So if nobody did it for him, he's probably stuck there for a while.

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2019
    ThePeoplesBride ·

Dear OP,

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT39DaQfvdtKOhp6k8/giphy.gif) no-repeat; background-size: 100%; height: 269px; width: 480px;">

Please come back

• MrsMtobe
    Devoted December 2017
    MrsMtobe ·

Ugh sorry y'all! Was eating lunch and found out MOH's Omah has only a few days to live. Please pray for her family.

I would not be surprised if he had warrants. FH called me and said GM parents called him and said he would be in jail at that time and would not be able to be in the wedding. I would imagine that he already had his court date and that's what they decided.

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

Whats Omah?

• MrsMtobe
    Devoted December 2017
    MrsMtobe ·

Grandmother in German. She lives in Germany. MOH is trying to find a flight to go

Comment on this discussion