OG FMP
Master August 2015

Let's talk wedding albums.....

OG FMP, on February 3, 2016 at 1:33 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 34
Saved Save

I know there are many of us who received our wedding photos in a flash drive - Did you make an album yet?? If so, which website did you use or will be using??

I usually use Shutterfly, but for my wedding photos?? Idk, feeling a little nervous about that. It's a lot of photos....

34 Comments

• Kelli
    Master September 2015
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

We haven't yet, but we are planning to use Shutterfly. They have some fancier lay-flat albums. This actually reminds me that we need to get around to doing it Smiley smile We made Shutterfly albums for my daughter and parents as Xmas presents, but they were like the ones we make for each of our vacations.

• Allison
    Master May 2015
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I just made my wedding album yesterday.... only 9 months later LOL but I used mixbook.

They seemed to be good price wise, but I cant justify the quality yet, I should get it the 9th

• Nicolita
    Expert August 2016
    Nicolita ·
    • Flag

I've seen samples at Costco of albums. They have those lay flat hard stock books that start from $40 I believe.

• Kelli
    Master September 2015
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

I am curious where others have made albums so will be watching this thread for other ideas!

• Samantha
    VIP August 2015
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I used Shutterfly and it turned out awesome. I paid to upgrade to the layflat photos - totally worth it, I also upgrades to a nicer cloth cover. It did take a LONG time. I spent months just tweaking it until I thought it was perfect and in the order I wanted I also waited for 40% off.

• Becoming a Mrs
    Master July 2016
    Becoming a Mrs ·
    • Flag

I've ordered many books from shutterfly. I am getting a wedding album from my photographer and will be making another from shutterfly as well.

• m
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

I did a Pinhole Press book for my ILs(who are snobby) but there was a NOTICEABLE quality difference from Shutterfly.

I haven't made one for us yet because I can't choose pics. I think I'm going to go super old school and get actual 4x6 print outs and stick them in those little clear binder sheets.

• E&J
    VIP October 2015
    E&J ·
    • Flag

I used Mixbook and loved how it turned out--great quality. Actually, I still need to order one for us because we gave the first one to my parents for Christmas. But I highly recommend them.

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·
    • Flag

I used shutterfly. It was great. We had 3,000 photos, so yes it was hard to choose but I did a page for each part of the day... getting ready, bridesmaids, groomsmen, formals, ceremony, grand entrance, dinner, speeches, first dance/father-daughter etc, and then reception. Then a few more pages of my fave photos. I ended up with 25 pages. Doable, but I spent about 15 hours making it Lol. I love it though, its a great sample of our day.

• N
    VIP October 2015
    natalie ·
    • Flag

I used Nations Photo Lab for printing and a book and was very pleased.

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

I ordered our official one through the photographer, but I'm thinking about doing the same binder-type thing m suggested when I get my flash drive. We have 900 some pics and only around 100 of them are in the album, if that.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

I was playing around with shutterfly and 100 pages, black leather cover, layflat pages its about $320 and that's without any coupons, which shutterfly always has some coupons going around. Hmmm that's pretty good.

Looking into Mixbook and Nations Lab now, thanks!!

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

I'm still waiting for my pro pics. I was given a few of albums at my shower that I'm probably just going to print the pics and put in those.

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

Our photographer package included a 100 image album, plus a canvas and different size prints. We are currently having a hard time picking only 100 pictures. Will probably use Shutterfly or Mixbook to print out additional images or make a photobook.

• Marina
    Super August 2014
    Marina ·
    • Flag

I used Shutterfly, it turned out really, really awesome. Definitely upgrade to layflat, and wait for a 50% off coupon.

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·
    • Flag

Following - I still haven't done anything with mine. We did hang up frames yesterday so the pictures will be in them at some point. I do plan on doing something at some point.

• MrsSantamaria2015
    Master December 2015
    MrsSantamaria2015 ·
    • Flag

I used shutterfly cause fuck it.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

I tried playing around on Mixbook and Nations Lab but Shutterfly is so much easier....Then again I suck at technology so maybe its just me.

I'm about to say fuck it and use the Leather cover, layflat pages from shutterfly....I'll wait until they have the 40% off coupon code

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

We used shutterfly for one gift one since it was free, we then used the mobile app through shutterfly to order a 4x6 of all of our wedding pictures and put a traditional album together then ordered gift albums for my inlaws and the grandparents through adoramapix.com. I prefer their quality over shutterfly's.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

JacKLyn - I like that website! Its pricier than Shutterfly but its certainly an option

Comment on this discussion