earias
Champion December 2017

Let's see your invitations! Any special details?

earias, on September 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 51
Saved Save

Who else was like me and obsessed over their invitations? I love pretty paper and enjoyed customizing my invitations with the seller, Pretty Lil Notes I found on Etsy who designed them based on my requests and feedback. She even created my own plaid for me for the backs of the invitations, envelope liners, and other "day of" paper that I used at my wedding.

Then I used custom postage from Zazzle to coordinate with the invitation suite - trees for the invitations and wreaths for the RSVP envelopes.

What details are included in your invitation suite? Are you making them yourself, using a website or a local printer?

Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 1

51 Comments

• Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·

Can I ask roughly how much this cost you? It's nearing time for me to look for my invitations/save the dates and I'm considering the Etsy route.

• Shayla
    Devoted October 2018
    Shayla ·

WOW! I love these! Beautifully done! We didnt send out invites, as we are eloping... buuuuut we did order one single invite from Shutterfly. We mailed it to the President and First Lady. sadly, no response.

36375083_2288926891134480_26821568037598

• Josh & Justine
    Super May 2018
    Josh & Justine ·

Yours were so pretty!

These were ours from CZ Invitations on Etsy. They let me customize colors/fonts/paper stock/etc. My favorite part was the no-shed glitter stock used for the invitation backing and the belly band!

Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 2

• amber
    Dedicated September 2018
    amber ·
    We were running out of time (couldn't decide on if we wanted to go all out or not) so I ended up getting these from vista print.

Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 3
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Mine were a bit on the pricey side coming in at approx. $400 for 45 sets for what is pictured, not including STDs. That came to about $9 per set. But there are so many sellers on Etsy that have different price points and there are even ones who will create a design template just for you and then you can print it at home or a local copy shop. If you want to have a hand in your invitation design but don't want to spend $$$ then that might be the best plan.

• LoweryForLife
    Devoted December 2018
    LoweryForLife ·

My fiance and I bleed orange. We're huge Tennessee football fans, so we're having a themed wedding. I made these on Shutterfly when they were running a 50% off special.

InvitationsLet's see your invitations!  Any special details? 4

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Your picture is beautiful. Maybe their response is still coming, or got lost in the mail!

• Ingrid
    Super September 2018
    Ingrid ·
    We went with a storybook theme!

Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 5
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I love that you were able to use a no-shed glitter and the gold matches your shoes. These are very pretty.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Very creative!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

I love the storybook theme! I'm originally from Birmingham, AL!

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

We used the Minted all-in-one!

It was much more affordable and honestly so low maintenance! I only have to fold them up and stamp them, all of the addresses and everything were printed for me!

I love paper products and I looked at invites for forever, because we went with a more modern and less traditional invitation we still wanted the traditional elements in the writing with the black and white basic.

Very elegant and clean, which is exactly what I wanted! We thought about getting invites with greenery all over them but then decided we just wanted the clean look. Sometimes I still wish we went with the traditional invite/RSVP card/details card suite but then I remember that they will all end up in the trash eventually anyhow and these set the tone of our wedding just fine!

The proof we were sent (crossed out the details for obvious reasons).Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 6

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    The color is a little off in the photo (non-photographed, there is enough contrast that the words are easily legible), but these are ours. I designed them and printed them all trough vista print. The background is a photo I took of a painting my father made of a photo I took of some views around the “venue”

Let's see your invitations!  Any special details? 7
  • ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·

I love invites! Spend way too much time tying on 200 ribbons and wax seals. Custom designing everything myself! Arguing with China to get me the right pocket sizes. In the end though it saved me tons! Also really like the calligraphy on the outside but I don't have a pic of that right now.

Finished invite on the OutsideLet's see your invitations!  Any special details? 8

Finished invite on the InsideLet's see your invitations!  Any special details? 9

• Amanda
    Dedicated November 2018
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my god, I. AM. OBSESSED. I'm a Knoxville girl. : )

• LoweryForLife
    Devoted December 2018
    LoweryForLife ·
    View Quoted Comment

Woop woop! Gater hater week!!! hahaha

• Alexandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Alexandra ·
    Mines are still in the making. Thinking on doing Blush pockets with Gold invitation mat and a belly band.
  • Tracy
    Super January 2019
    Tracy ·

Mine will be here Friday and I can hardly wait. The wedding invitation/first impression is super important to me, and like you, worked with a vendor on Etsy to make them suit our vibe perfectly. (what did engaged people do before Etsy?!) I am a little bummed I didn't think about doing liners though. Rats. I guess I could still order them from her, but I really wanted invites mailed on the 1st. I've had them picked out since January, because I wanted the STDs to match. Will post a pic after they arrive.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Liners are actually really easy to do yourself. I did them for my 1st wedding. I bought rolls of paper that coordinated with my invitation (wrapping paper works though I used a heavier paper from a paper store). Then you take an extra invitation envelope, open it, trace your template on the paper, cut the paper and now you have a liner template. Use a glue stick and glue the liner on the inside of each envelope. It is very quick and doesn't take as long as it sounds. The longest part was picking out the paper to line the envelopes.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

I like the story of those! That is a nice personal touch.

Comment on this discussion