KaylaP
VIP September 2014

Lets see your groom cakes!

KaylaP, on July 17, 2014 at 12:03 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 33
Saved Save

We meet with the baker Saturday and have no idea on our grooms cake!

Edit to add a picture: I was googling and saw this. Just sent a pic to FH

33 Comments

• Mrs Wilson
    VIP May 2014
    Mrs Wilson ·
    • Flag

My husband is a welder so we got his hard hat for his grooms cake. We sent the baker pictures of his hard hat with all the stickers on it, they did a great job.

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

Hubby is a HUGE Trekkie. I'm surprising him with this cake. It will be chocolate (his favorite flavor) and will say Happy 10th Anniversary and the lettering on top that says Space The Final Frontier will be gold instead of silver - our colors are gold, black and ivory Smiley smile

• The Mrs R
    Master May 2014
    The Mrs R ·
    • Flag

This was ours. Jeff is a huge Cowboys fan. He picked it out himself.

• Teagan
    Super July 2015
    Teagan ·
    • Flag

Woah! What the heck is a grooms cake?? I have never heard of this

• KaylaP
    VIP September 2014
    KaylaP ·
    • Flag

Teagan, the grooms cake is something "manly" that reflects his likes and personality. I started seeing them a few years ago. FH is a cowboy, and not really into details. So the whole wedding is my personality, which is similar to his but a little more girly Smiley smile

• Teagan
    Super July 2015
    Teagan ·
    • Flag

Oh that makes sense! I love these cakes!!

• Becky
    Expert October 2014
    Becky ·
    • Flag

I have heard they are more common in the south. Also they are often chocolate, as opposed to the white wedding cake. Although nowadays people do all kinda of flavors.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

When we do get it, if we get exactly what he wants (and our wedding planner says he can), I will definitely post a picture. He wants him riding on a shark, playing guitar, with me holding on to the back of him, and some bananas somewhere in the "water" of the cake (inside joke between us). We'll be looking into our cake in two months.

• C + R
    Master November 2014
    C + R ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking of doing something similar to this for the rehearsal dinner since FH is an avid hunter (and has made multiple comments {jokingly, I think} about having to miss one day of archery season for our wedding). Ours wouldn't be anything so elaborate, but you get the idea.

If I do, it's going to be an ice cream cake since he loves ice cream.

• KaylaP
    VIP September 2014
    KaylaP ·
    • Flag

Melissa that is so funny!!

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

I have never been to a wedding with a groom cake but I'm thinking ti would be cool to surprise FH with one. Does it go on the cake table with the wedding cake and is served to the guests, right? Making sure I don't have too much cake. Might save us a tier on our cake. Smiley smile

• Blissful
    Super September 2014
    Blissful ·
    • Flag

I really need to order this...

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

Nay my FH would freak out!!! I love it.

I'm getting him a cheesecake made. I'm surprising him with it though because his birthday is 12 days after the wedding and we can celebrate with his whole family here.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Our cake will be the groom's cake. We're getting a dragon wrapped around a traditional wedding cake. And then a vendor through etsy is making our topper which will be the two of us with weapons to fight off the dragon.

• beachbride
    Expert October 2014
    beachbride ·
    • Flag

WOW! I find this so interesting Smiley smile Groom's cake are a standard down here! Yes, many times they are chocolate, but FH is having red velvet (his fave)! I have tried to find a picture but essentially it is a Florida State themed sheet cake with the school's emblem and chocolate covered strawberries that are decorated like footballs Smiley smile

• KaylaP
    VIP September 2014
    KaylaP ·
    • Flag

Emilie- Some people serve them some people don't. My brother didn't, they saved it for their 1 year anniversary instead of their topper. We plan to serve it last, if we run out of the rest of the cake. We are saving the top tier and possibly the grooms cake. Breakfast for the next few days!

• F
    Expert May 2015
    FutureMrsM ·
    • Flag

My FH is a huge football fan so I will probably surprise him with his favorite team helmet or something!

• K+S
    VIP October 2015
    K+S ·
    • Flag

I love grooms cakes! My FH has no idea about them or what they even are so I'm going to surprise him with one! I don't know what to do yet, he's big into lifting and working out so I may do something along those lines or something with hunting or Harleys, so many options!

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

This is our grooms cake inspiration. He likes simple but lovesss chocolate!

• M
    Master August 2014
    Miss S. ·
    • Flag

Sorry, I cant find the picture I sent to our baker but she is basically making a cake of my FH's F-250.

Comment on this discussion