Happy In Hawaii
Master July 2015

Let's see your garters!

Happy In Hawaii, on October 3, 2014 at 7:34 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 28
Saved Save

I don't think I've seen one of these posts lately and just got mine not long ago so I want to share it! I'm not showing it to my FH (I told him he can see my dress, but this is his surprise). I posted a few weeks ago asking for which garter was best, and I went with the top favorite, so thanks for all your help, I'm very happy, it turned out great! However I sat for like 10 minutes trying to decide whether I wanted a yellow ribbon, a turquoise ribbon, or a white one. I figured turquoise would have looked pretty patriotic (not what I'm going for) and white wouldn't stand out. But it was surprisingly one of my tougher wedding decisions lolol!!

Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, without flash it looked pretty dull, with the flash it looked really bright. Oh well.

Show me yours!

28 Comments

• Maggie
    Expert November 2014
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I kept going back and forth between something simple and something nerdy like Harry Potter themed but didn't want to pay the $20-$30 for a nerdy one so I went simple yet classic with this beaut!

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

Since my wedding is an undercover Baltimore Ravens theme ....

• Mrs.F!!!
    Expert June 2015
    Mrs.F!!! ·
    • Flag

Since my FH is an Army vet I am getting an Army garter. I have it picked out, I am just waiting for the funds to purchase it!!

• Ashley P.
    Super October 2014
    Ashley P. ·
    • Flag

I wonder what my theme is...

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

These look great! I love seeing everyone's individuality!

• Future Mrs. Wilson
    Expert March 2015
    Future Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

I don't have mine yet, but Happy In Hawaii, that's very pretty! I have no idea where to even begin!

• Ally
    VIP October 2014
    Ally ·
    • Flag

Mine is a surprise for FH...he's a deputy's sheriff so mine is navy blue (one of the wedding colors) with little charms attached that are handcuffs and say deputy. don't have a picture or i would post it on here Smiley sad

• Alyssa
    Master April 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

I haven't purchased it yet, but I'm torn between these two! I don't have pearls at all incorporated in my outfit, so I'll probably go with the first one. We're also not doing a garter toss, but I'd still like to wear one. I found them on Etsy.

• Ally
    VIP October 2014
    Ally ·
    • Flag

Those are both so pretty alyssa! yeah even if i wasn't having a garter toss i would still wear one too lol!

• Bethyonce
    Master February 2015
    Bethyonce ·
    • Flag

All of those are so cute! Shelby, love undercover themes! My sister had undercover cheetah print in her skirt and the ribbon of her dress. I wish I were that creative.

• Shera
    Savvy September 2014
    Shera ·
    • Flag

It was a last minute decision to do a garter toss. I just went to JoAnns and spent a couple dollars on one of theirs. I put it on right before DH had to take it off. Wearing it all day was out of the question. It was too uncomfortable. For about $3 the fun it leads to can't be beat! The men fought for the garter and the catcher gave my sister a crazy fun lap dance putting the garter on her, lol. I had no idea the dj was even going to do that have the guy put the garter on the bouquet catcher. Video is priceless!

• Monica SC
    Master October 2015
    Monica SC ·
    • Flag

I have not chosen my garter yet, and I might just make it myself. However, just wanted to share this shop on Etsy that is having a big sale on these garters right now. You can customize the rose and the lace. The garter is on sale for $4.75 plus $3.30/shipping. Smiley smile

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169368652/on-sale-100-flower-and-lace-colors-white?ref=shop_home_active_23

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Got mine free with my belt Smiley smile

• P
    Dedicated November 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Eagles! Surprise for FH!

• KaylaP
    VIP September 2014
    KaylaP ·
    • Flag

I don't have a picture of mine. We did do a toss, but even if we hadn't I would've worn one. Seth enjoyed taking it off in the hotel room Smiley smile

• Dayna
    Just Said Yes November 2014
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

Bought these beauties for $12!

• Karley
    Super November 2014
    Karley ·
    • Flag

I haven't received it yet, but I ordered this one from Etsy. We're not doing a garter toss.

• Sarah
    Dedicated December 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I bought a fire fighter themed one from Etsy. FH has seen it and thought it was sweetSmiley smile

• MrsLaskey
    Devoted October 2014
    MrsLaskey ·
    • Flag

This is the one I bought from Etsy, I am going to try to find 2 hearts to attach on there to tie in our theme. FH doesn't know what it looks like yet, He thinks its Washington Redskins.

• OGmelanie
    VIP July 2015
    OGmelanie ·
    • Flag

I'm buying mine from the same place @Monica posted. ivory lace with seafoam flower. it matches my colours Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion