Summerbridejen
Expert May 2015

Lets see your dress!!

Summerbridejen, on May 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 158
Saved Save

I'm kind of excited my dress is in and I am picking it up Monday so i'm dreaming of dresses lol...This isn't me,its the negative 0 model lol

158 Comments

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·

I'm sorry, but what is wrong with being really small?

All women of ALL body types should be considered beautiful (so long as they are eating healthy). Just because they are a zero doesn't make someone any less of a woman same as a woman who is a full-figured gal at the size of 22.

I'm not trying to be rude, but the last part isn't neccessary.

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

I'll gladly show her off.

• MrsWilliams
    VIP September 2014
    MrsWilliams ·

Agree w/ Miss P, but that is a beautiful dress

• Kendra
    Super September 2014
    Kendra ·

Love showing off my dress....my real dress is white!

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·

Miss P...I think you read too much into it. I'm sure OP didn't mean anything by that.

• Liana
    VIP November 2014
    Liana ·

Your dress is beautiful! So elegant!

I am anxiously awaiting my dresses arrival She's a Marchesa.

Btw...really ladies...everyone is so touchy these days! Jeez!

• Julia Beth
    VIP July 2014
    Julia Beth ·

@MissP, I don't think the OP meant anything by it (even though I see where you're coming from and TOTALLY agree with you - I hate the "real women have curves" thing. Then what does that make a thin/not curvy woman? Fake? lol). I think she just meant that she has a different body type than the model and therefore the dress looks different on her.

• mara
    Devoted May 2014
    mara ·

I really don't think she meant it the way you are taking it. Lol lets not be too sensitive on public forums. Sometimes the intended message can be misconstrued through typed words.

• Summerbridejen
    Expert May 2015
    Summerbridejen ·

I'm sorry didn't mean to offend, I am small myself (size 4) but according to davids bridal I am a size 8 on the hips), but I am not as tiny as her...believe me I wish I could be that skinny lol...but just wanted brides to know I was average size and can still wear a dress worn by a very skinny person...again hope I didn't offend....

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·

Kendra your dress looks very pretty on you. Good choice : )

• FutureMrsDelpra
    Master October 2015
    FutureMrsDelpra ·

Excuse the wild hair and the bust area definitely needs taken in, but here is my dress.

Also, I wear a size 2 in street clothes and my dress is a 10. Let's not judge each other on clothing sizes.

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·

No I'm sure she didn't mean anything by that. But there is no such thing as a negative size 0 which was an obvious overexhageration of size.

I also included that I wasn't replying to be rude because I know that tone can be lost. It wasn't meant to be catty, but more of hey...some women are really petite and it's okay.

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·

Actually I am somehow a size neg 1, all that means is that a zero will be too big for me.

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·

@summerbride, I don't think it was intentional, but thought I'd still mention it. I'm also a size 4.

Thank you for not thinking I was trying to be nasty about my comment.

• Summerbridejen
    Expert May 2015
    Summerbridejen ·

These dresses are soooo beautiful!!!

• TiffanyShay
    Master October 2014
    TiffanyShay ·

Beautiful dresses!

@Liana I am in LOVE with your dress!! Seriously! Stunning!

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·

@Kendra I love your dress! You look gorgeous.

• Jae
    Master June 2014
    Jae ·

Here's mine! Altered and ready to go!

• Summerbridejen
    Expert May 2015
    Summerbridejen ·

Totally understand @missp, I think it was more thinking that some people may look at the dress and think I cant wear that if I am not that thin, I have big butt and hips and it embraced my curves The consultant actually said in dress size I am a 2 on bust,4 on waist and 8 on hips...I normally wear a 4 in street clothes but It fit great in hips,the rest will have major alterations.

• M
    Super September 2014
    mrs_in_september14 ·

Anything to show her off! Love your dress by the way

Comment on this discussion