We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

C
Master June 2015

Let's see your bridesmaids dresses!!

ChampagneDream, on September 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save

I should be studying the Hindu religion right now, but I'm soooo over that for the day!!! So instead I thought I'd come to WW for a distraction. My girls and I are headed to Alfred Angelo soon to start the search for dresses.

I have no idea what I would like them to wear; I'm kind of leaving it in their hands.

Inspire me... show me what your girls are wearing!! Thanks!!

32 Comments

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

For some reason, WW isn't letting me post photos anymore. Take a look at my BAM post to see the pics of bridesmaid dresses: https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/have-kept-you-in-suspense-long-enough-bam-bam-bam/3a09d229baa8b98a.html?page=1

• R+J
    Dedicated November 2014
    R+J ·
    • Flag

Sorry if the pic came out sideways

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

Mine is a multi-way dress. i own it and love it.

• jewles322
    Master March 2015
    jewles322 ·
    • Flag

Speaking of Bridesmaids' dresses. Anyone else doing Mis-matching? I have one bridesmaid that's not in CA....so it will be hard to go dress shopping with her :'( ...let alone have her by the same dress...in addition...I would my Bridesmaids look good and feel good about their dress (after all they're buying)....so i was thinking of just giving them guidelines on colors/styles through PInterest and have them "pre-approve" the dress with me before purchasing..

thoughts?

besides...i dont really like the whole "everyone looks the same ordeal"... similar styles and colors (to my theme) yes... but I"m all about showing personality! Heck..I might even have an uneven bridesmaid to groomsman count! I'm sooo Okay this. Enough stressing about the wedding.. I'm just gonna let everything be be..

• Laura
    Super December 2014
    Laura ·
    • Flag

@Julie- Im doing mismatching. I had 2 bridesmaids in different states, 2 in town, and 1 out of town. It all worked out (in my opinion)

• jewles322
    Master March 2015
    jewles322 ·
    • Flag

Love it @Laura! I really love the "ombre" look. Except mine will be blue

• LyssaKay
    Expert November 2014
    LyssaKay ·
    • Flag

I don't have any pictures on my bridesmaids, but it looks great on all of them! It is in cornflower blue though, not the sage green shown.

http://sophiatolli.com/evening-dresses/by21388/?fc=93

• Annael25
    VIP May 2016
    Annael25 ·
    • Flag

I haven't picked out the dress yet, but I found this one yesterday and thought it would look nice. Too bad they don't ship to Canada. I would want it in Navy Blue.

http://www.target.com/p/tevolio-women-s-chiffon-halter-neck-pleated-bridesmaid-dress-limited-availability-colors/-/A-14415972#prodSlot=large_2_1

• KlassyLady
    Dedicated August 2015
    KlassyLady ·
    • Flag

@Julie - I love the idea and I am giving similar guidelines to my bridesmaids. We all live so far apart, and they are all very different heights/builds/etc, and I want them to feel comfortable in what they are wearing. And it means less stress on me since I won't have to pick out their dresses :-)

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

My BMs bought this dress is the color Mocha.

• The New Mrs. Compton
    Super November 2014
    The New Mrs. Compton ·
    • Flag

Http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/736

We're doing this dress in Wine colored. I have girls who are a size 2 and girls who are a size 22. I wanted to find a dress that they could all be comfortable in!

• Mrs*Smalley
    Expert March 2014
    Mrs*Smalley ·
    • Flag

My bridesmaids wore gold and black jacquard dresses.

• Hannah
    Savvy September 2014
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

I told my girls to just pick a little black dress (nothing you would wear to go to the club), and we would accessorize it. I thought it would be easy because every girl has a black dress...NOPE! None of my girls had one.... I found them their own cheapish ($50-$75) black dress, and they all LOVE them. Suits their individual personalities and they all look great, AND they all said they would wear them again (one wanted to wear hers to my bachelorette party....um, no). MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

• Emily & Rob
    Dedicated November 2015
    Emily & Rob ·
    • Flag

Https://www.etsy.com/listing/189784680/maxi-coral-bridesmaid-convertible?ref=shop_home_active_3&ga_search_query=coral

My maids are wearing a convertible dress in Coral. My MOH ordered hers as a maxi dress so she can customize the length (she is much taller than my BMs). They all said how much they love them and are playing around with them to determine what style they want. According to what they've told me, they are incredibly comfortable and will be easy to wear at my outdoor FL wedding.

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

My BMs dresses are from David's Bridal. Style F14867. The dresses are going to be black.

• Angie
    VIP August 2015
    Angie ·
    • Flag

$40/ea

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·
    • Flag

This was my MOH.

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

I am wearing Alfred Angelo Ariel 210, and my maid of honor is wearing Alexia Designs Style 4150 in magenta and my bridesmaids will be wearing Alexia designs style 4152 in peacock.

• K + B
    VIP September 2014
    K + B ·
    • Flag

My girls rented their dresses. It's a Badgley Mischka for $30

• Rena S
    Super March 2015
    Rena S ·
    • Flag

My girls are wearing full length chiffon dresses in Pool from Alfred Angelo ...they each picked out a different style ...they love them !

Comment on this discussion

Related articles