Mrs Miller (Zahra)
Super July 2011

Lets see the dresses that DIDN'T make the cut :)

Mrs Miller (Zahra), on June 10, 2011 at 3:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 41
Saved Save

I love seeing the pics of everyone showing off THE dress BUT I want to see some of them that didn't make the cut. For fun, post at least one that was a strong contender and one that was easy to reject and give us the stories behind them.

I'll start. The 1st one I loved and was a strong runner up but it was at the upper limit of my budget which would have gone over with alterations. I loved the fit of the 2nd one but it was a little too bling for a garden ceremony overlooking a beach and the last one was just hideous on me.

41 Comments

• Shaquaya
    Expert April 2012
    Shaquaya ·

I haven't been dress shopping yet but the 1st one looks great on you!!

• Mrs Miller (Zahra)
    Super July 2011
    Mrs Miller (Zahra) ·

Thanks Shaquaya. It made me appreciate how a little detail can really make the difference with a dress cause it was very ordinary before they added the sparkly belt.

• HollyKnoxville
    VIP November 2011
    HollyKnoxville ·

Dress 1 was pretty, but not the one.

Dress 2 I just wanted to try something more simple and it fell flat with everyone.

Dress 3 everyone else loved the most, and it's beautiful... but I wasn't 100% sold.

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·

This was the one I fell in love with online and just knew it was the one (that is, until I tried it on)

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·

One of my Maids of Honor thinks I should have gotten this one, but it's not "The One"

• Mrs Miller (Zahra)
    Super July 2011
    Mrs Miller (Zahra) ·

@ HollyKnoxville: I am liking the detail of dress 3. I can see why it would have been a favourite.

@ Crystal: I can so relate. I didn't go in with a specific dress in mind but what I thought I would have liked in some pictures I had seen were so unimpressive when I put them on.

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·

Zahra, dress 2 is gorgeous!!! It's my favorite of the 3 that didn't make the cut.

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·

It turned out that the dress I loved (online) ended up being the dress I hated and the dress I hated (online), ended up being the dress I loved as soon as it was on me

• Mrs Miller (Zahra)
    Super July 2011
    Mrs Miller (Zahra) ·

Hi Crystal. Dress 2 of mine was a crowd favourite as well but as I said, I didn't think it really fit well for a small intimate outdoor garden ceremony.

• Crystal S
    Super December 2014
    Crystal S ·

Completely understandable. You have to find something that definitely fits right with the ceremony location.

• Cindy
    Devoted June 2012
    Cindy ·

Zahra- I think I wemt to the same bridal stores as you did on the second and third picture. Brides of America and Patricia South's I believe.
    I tried about 20 dresses until I found "the one"

Well, here are the runner ups...

• Mrs Miller (Zahra)
    Super July 2011
    Mrs Miller (Zahra) ·

@ Cindy - you're right!! Those were the stores. The 1st dress was from Victoria's Bridal, which is in fact where I ended up finding my dream dress. Your runner-ups were nice. Even though it's not my personal style, I tried on a very similar dress that I actually loved how it looked on me, but I just felt awkward in it. Any special reason you didn't choose them or you just knew they weren't THE dress?

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·

Almost got this Aria dress in ivory because I liked the way I looked in it - but it was just a little bit too plain.

• elizabeth
    VIP October 2012
    elizabeth ·

Cindy L. wow your runner ups are beautiful lol

• A
    Expert June 2011
    Anonymous ·

This is the only other dress picture I have, I really liked it but felt really uncomfortable, like it was going to fall down, or I would fall out.

Cindy L- They all look great on you, I wonder what the dress you chose looks like. It must be outstanding! Perfect shape for your body too.

• Cindy
    Devoted June 2012
    Cindy ·

The first and third dress I felt like they were too heavy in weight on me and I also felt awkward in them. The second one I loved! But after finding "the one" I kept going back to this picture and felt that there was too much going on all over the dress and I was not going to be able to dance and enjoy myself at the wedding. I still love it though, but nothing like how I feel with my dress

• Cindy
    Devoted June 2012
    Cindy ·

Thank you ladies. The dress I chose is much more simple than all the ones I tried on. I just wanted something that I felt elegant in and in my dress that's exactly how I feel. It's not heavy at all, easy to walk and dance in. It made me feel beautiful, elegant, and sexy

Amber I also tried on something similar to yours but it made my hips looks twice as wide! Other that I love it and the sweetheart top.

• That one chick who's married to that one dude
    Master April 2012
    That one chick who's married to that one dude ·

I don't have a pic of me wearing it, but the ballgown one I loved, but thought was way too poofy and the other one, I thought was off the shoulder, but it is a strap dress and I really want it strapless.

• Mrs Miller (Zahra)
    Super July 2011
    Mrs Miller (Zahra) ·

I know exactly what you mean Cindy. That's how the dress I eventually chose made me feel as well (elegant yet comfortable) even though it was less bedazzling and spectacular than the others I tried on. That was the deciding factor for me too.

• CHRISTINA
    Super June 2012
    CHRISTINA ·

Here are just some dress that didnt make it...

Comment on this discussion