F
Super September 2014

Let me see your MOB dresses.....

FutureMrsE, on March 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved Save

So I have been browsing for a while for my mom's MOB dress. Her only request was that it wasn't floor length (she's 42 and thinks she is fine as wine haha). We finally found the perfect one at Nordstrom to agree on!!

What do you ladies think? Are you helping your MOG pick her dress? (I'm definitely not she's much older than my mom and I'm just not feeling the idea of telling HIS mom what to wear like I would mines haha.

21 Comments

• Morgan
    Super March 2014
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

My mom looks so pretty in it. I offered too buy my ffmil her dress since she had literally no money at all and I wanted her to feel important and stand out too since it's her only child's wedding but she said no.

• Mrs Wilson
    VIP May 2014
    Mrs Wilson ·
    • Flag

Both the moms are having their dresses made, I don't have a picture of FMILs dress but here's my moms.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·
    • Flag

I'm helping my mom pick out her dress - we're using it as a bonding experience. She's coming up next week to stay with me and go shopping. She's really excited! I know it will probably be floor length/ankle length and have some sort of sleeves or jacket associated with it because she likes to stay covered up (my mom is 62).

My FSIL is helping my FMIL with her dress. I don't really care what she wears. FSIL will no doubt me more picky than me when it comes to what her mom wears.

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

My daughter is getting married too and I just got my MOB dress yesterday at David's. She picked it out and I love it!

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Here is my mom's. FMIL is still looking.

• P
    Super August 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

My mom and I have gone shopping twice and thinks they all look like old lady dresses. She is being a bigger pain in the ass than I was picking my wedding dress.

• tiki monkey-buns
    VIP March 2014
    tiki monkey-buns ·
    • Flag

I had so much fun shopping with my mom for her dress! She wanted to get something really nice for the wedding and has a little trouble finding stuff she likes. As soon as I saw this, I knew it would be perfect for her. (Except she has more of a fit-and-flare skirt, the A-line didn't look as good when she tried it on.) We had an awesome girls' day out!

• Blissful
    Super September 2014
    Blissful ·
    • Flag

Tiki I love that dress. Where did you find it?

• Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.)
    Master August 2012
    Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.) ·
    • Flag

My only criteria for the moms was no green, since my girls were wearing that colour. Both moms have good taste, so I wasn't too worried about them picking something. My mom actually found her dress the same day I found mine.

My mom is in the first picture, my MIL is in the second picture. These are pictures my bridesmaid took, don't have the formal photos on this computer.

• Stephanie
    VIP August 2014
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Very nice, ladies. Future Mrs. Hicks - What is the style number of that dress. I may suggest it for my mom.

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

Stephanie as soon as I get home I will let you know.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

@Blissful-- Tiki's mom's dress looks like Alfred Angelo

• F
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsE ·
    • Flag

You guys' moms have great style !! Smiley smile

• Leah
    Devoted March 2014
    Leah ·
    • Flag

Beach wedding in mexico!

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

We decided to let our mothes choose their own attire.

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·
    • Flag

My momma is so cute! She also got a china dress and were really happy with it! I think we're going to add a petticoat so it flares out at the skirt!

• P
    VIP July 2014
    pittielvr ·
    • Flag

I am having a hard time with this. Im having a very casual wedding, so it cant be too fancy, and since its the summer, it has to be something cool.. But my mom is plus sized (i think like a 26).

• Sandra
    VIP July 2014
    Sandra ·
    • Flag

My fmil cares more with what she is wearing then my mom. She has bought hers from nordstrom floor length red dress. Who knows what my mom wears and I don't care. She will probably just pick something out of her closet.

• Abby
    Expert September 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

I don't have a picture on me, but would you believe my mother bought a fricken white dress!!! Ha! I said "Don't you think it will be weird if your dress is whiter than mine in the photos?" and she replied "not really, honey, I'll just wear a wrap". That woman is crazy. Dunno what I'm going to do. It's a pickle.

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

Stephanie here it is

Comment on this discussion