Capt&MrsMatey =)
Expert August 2013

Let me see your DIY's!

Capt&MrsMatey =), on June 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 45
Saved Save

Unfinished, ideas, completed, doesn't matter! Here's my t-shirts for bachelorette party (half finished, i'll update when done...probably this weekend)

45 Comments

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Love the T's! I have a lot, buy will post just a few since I have posted lots of them in a prior DIY post.

-invitationsx2

-wine charms for guests

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Ooops...duplicate post, will post different pics

-pinwheel backdrop

-cake topper

-gumpaste flowers for cupcakes

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

-program fans

-Chalkboard signs

-cupcake stand

• f39cn4hdn
    Devoted September 2013
    f39cn4hdn ·
    • Flag

I was kinda hoping for a post like this, so I could see what everyone else has been up to.

Here's what I've been doing

I made a sign for the flower girls to hold

tags to put on the favors

banner for cards box

• f39cn4hdn
    Devoted September 2013
    f39cn4hdn ·
    • Flag

I'm also in the process of making tinsel wands for the send off

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·
    • Flag

Omg Michelle! how did you make that cupcake stand? I need a way to hold a crapload of cupcakes & my baker has none =( Step-by-steps, plz!

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

@Nicole - My mom had acrylic rounds cut out at a local glass/window place. I was planning on using white corrugated plastic but my mom insisted that the whole thing be clear (it would have been much cheaper using the corrugated plastic.) We used 5 inch vases and clear bathtub calking to glue the vases to the acrylic rounds.

-So starting from the bottom up and without gluing, position your rounds/vases until they are visually centered.

-measure the distance to the vase edges to make sure they are centered

-if needed, place clear tape on the acrylic round near the edge of the glass vases (to mark the placement of the vases)

-disassemble the stand

-use caulking to glue base vases on to the bottom round

-line top of vases with caulking

-lower second tier acrylic into place

-continue until all layers are connected.

We glued flowers into our vases prior to assembling the stand. We didn't glue the bottom layers together so it will be easier to move (it's still stable without glue.)

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I guess I should add that this photo was taken prior to adding the flowers. I attached a photo of the finished stand. I used three vases at the bottom because we needed it to make it stable.

• Future Mrs. Panda
    Dedicated July 2014
    Future Mrs. Panda ·
    • Flag

@Michelle- how did you get the holes in the pencils? Did you just use a drill? I'm thinking of doing the fan programs sinc my wedding will be in the middle of July. Also, what did you put on the programs that required a pencil? Thanks!

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

@Future Mrs. Panda - my stepdad used a drill press to put the holes in the pencils. I couldn't find any with pre-drilled holes. The back of my programs had either a crossword, wordsearch, or maze. My tip- you must use pretty heavy-duty cardstock for the fan to be functional as a fan.

Edit: Another tip - I found hot glue worked the best to keep the folded cardstock from separating. At first I tried using double sided tape, but after a while, the cardstock kept trying to spring apart.

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

@Michelle the cup stand is so cute, are the glass going to be attached? I would so be afraid someone would knock it over. But I think it's really cute especially with the flowers in the glasses.

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

@TooManyMistys - Thanks! The glasses are attached. It is pretty sturdy (and the acrylic is heavy) so it would be rather difficult to knock over, but anything is possible I guess.)

• Val
    Master May 2013
    Val ·
    • Flag

Here are some of mine... Program paddle fans, bridesmaids tanks.. Last pic is from my wedding, I made the table number frames and added ribbon and jewel to tall candleholders. Also added rhinestones around small candleholders.

• Jessie
    Dedicated May 2014
    Jessie ·
    • Flag

@michelle - you MADE the wine charms?!? Was it difficult? How many did you have to make and how long did it take you? I really want to make some kind of wine charms as favors but I'm worried about how difficult it will be to do for 150 guests

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

@Jessie - Yes i made them from 18 gauge wire. They take about 5 minutes each to make and I made about 100. I make jewelry casually, so I have the jewelry pliers which help a lot. Initially it takes a bit of time to figure out how to make the tricky letters (youtube videos can help with that) but after that it is just a matter of time.

• T & Co
    Super March 2014
    T & Co ·
    • Flag

My own corsages, boutonnieres, minor decor and a toss bouquet.

• Tiffany
    VIP May 2017
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

@Alteray those are so pretty... Please tell more. Real or fake? If fake, where did you get those? Where did you get the wrist band? I love those!!!

• Rubicole
    VIP August 2014
    Rubicole ·
    • Flag

So, this veil isn't for me, but it is for my cousin who will be getting married this August. She lives about 8 hours away, so I took a photo to show her. Good news is, she loves it! Whew. Smiley smile

• B
    Just Said Yes July 2013
    Brittney ·
    • Flag

I'll be using paper flowers. Also making drink coasters, the program fans, streamers, and various signs

• Mrs.Rebeiro
    Master April 2014
    Mrs.Rebeiro ·
    • Flag

@Michelle... must tell what templates you used for invitations! They are beautiful and love your cupcake stand!

Comment on this discussion