Selina
Savvy September 2020

Late night snack

Selina, on April 19, 2019 at 12:39 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 17
Saved Save
It’s becoming more and more common at weddings that couples are doing a late night snack bar with things like nachos, fries, pizza, even sweets, and etc. I think this is something we want too! It seems great after everyone has had a lot to drink or when you’re craving to snack on something after all the dancing. Is anyone else doing something similar to this ? If so what kind of snacks?

17 Comments

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    I’m not just because we don’t have a very long reception and it ends at about 8pm, but I recently was a guest at a wedding that had a nacho food truck come out around 9:30 or 10pm until 11 (reception ended 11:30)
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·

We are having an ice cream bar, cake and cupcakes for dessert and are trying to think of what to have for a late night snack too! We are going to have smores for the bonfire, but not sure what savory item to have.

• Christine
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christine ·
    I think it’s an awesome idea. Who doesn’t love a snack after burning all those calories on the dance floor!
  • A
    Savvy October 2019
    Amanda ·
    Were doing a waffle fry/poutine bar!
  • Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    We did pizza and it was perfect! It was exactly what People needed after drinking and dancing but it’s also easy to eat with one hand! Plus we were able to box up extras and take it back to the hotel.
  • Jamie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jamie ·

We're doing a fried PB&J for a late night snack!

• Melissa
    Rockstar September 2019
    Melissa ·
    We are having cake, ice cream bar and will have cookies and milk/coffee to go for everyone.
  • Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    We are doing a late-night snack at ours. We are having pinwheel sandwiches, a Chex mix mix, and pizza.
  • Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah ·
    Our caterer offers a slider and fry bar that I think we’re going to end up going with for a late night snack. We’re waiting until a little closer to add it though so we can kind of gauge how many guests we’ll have/if we can squeeze it into the budget.
  • Megan
    Devoted March 2021
    Megan ·
    We want to look inside Swenson's food truck or at least pizza, I know I'm always starving after a long night of drinking.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Yummy! I would be down for anything with protein: sliders, tacos, taquitos, hot dogs. I can’t eat too much sugar/carbs, especially since there’s usually sugar in alcohol.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Meatballs or mini chicken & waffle sandwiches are also great!
  • Tara
    Dedicated September 2019
    Tara ·
    So my FH was actually the pizza delivery boy, which is how we met, so we are having the same pizza place bring precooked pizzas to the venue and then the venue will heat them up for us. We will also have cans of coke, ginger ale and water. Who doesn’t love a slice of pizza after drinking and dancing? This is one of the things I was adamant on having and let’s hope it works out!
  • Ansley
    Dedicated February 2020
    Ansley ·
    View Quoted Comment

You must be from Akron or Cleveland! I miss Swenson's!

• Future Mrs.W
    Dedicated June 2019
    Future Mrs.W ·

We're putting out chips with salsa and queso before and during the meal The reception should hopefully not last till midnight. My FH and I will probably sneak out way before then lol

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

We are! Our caterer included it in their price. We are thinking corn dogs, mini hot dogs, or pretzels!

• Shaina
    Devoted October 2020
    Shaina ·

Yes we are either doing the sweets or the savory were are leaning towards more of the savory Its a great idea. Our reception ends late at 12am sooooo maybe people will get the drunchies lol

Comment on this discussion