LadyMonk
Master September 2014

LadyMonk's Massive BAM!!!!!!

LadyMonk, on September 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 78
Saved Save

This is going to be a long one, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Our wedding was absolutely awesome, and was worth all of the time and effort. I'll start with some advice (which will be following by a lot of photos).

1.The week before I was pretty nervous (hate being the centre of attention), and I found that keeping myself busy/distracted by family and friends was the best remedy. Just remember to breathe and keep the core meaning of the wedding close to your heart: it's not a performance or a show -- it's a wedding!

2. Make lots of documents and start making them early so you can add things as they come up. Start on your day-of schedule early. Also make a packing list of everything that you'll need to bring. I also made notes for everyone who helped us, like MIL helped with decorating so I gave her some quick notes etc. Everyone appreciated them and I never actually had any last minute panic questions the day of.

3. Start on your DIY's early, and enjoy them. cont.

78 Comments

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

..3 It will pay off and be a great distraction: I love art, so my DIY's were really fun.

4. Other than that just enjoy your day. Try to talk to as many people as you can, and dance your butt off on the dance floor. Just have the time of your life, this is it!!!

Some things that went "wrong" (that I didn't let bother me!).

1. We did not use a DJ, but we DID spend a ton of time making a wonderful set of playlists. It went really really well, except that when we started the dance music for some reason it was playing on shuffle. We got it solved fairly quickly, but sadly it was messed up at the beginning so we probably lost a few dancers. For all of those "iPod" DJ nay-sayers, we have NO regrets on not hiring a DJ. People LOVED the mix of music we had and for us with our super eclectic guests. Even the bar tenders commented that they hadn't seen such a great party in years.

2. Budget extra time into your rehearsal/set-up day. I had set aside a 3-hour break for the afternoon, but we had to use all of the time because there was a major construction project surrounding our venue.

3. We had 7 people cancel after our final payment Smiley sad As far as I know, there's nothing you can do. They all had legit reasons (mostly) at least.

I am HUGE on DIY's, so I'll start my photos with some preparation shots. The first 3 are of our centrepieces. The origami acted as our table numbers (which we raffled off at the end of the night). The white pots cost $2.44 from Superstore, the plants were $2.50 - $3.00 each. The charger plates they were on (not shown) were $1.40. You CAN make cheap and beautiful DIY centrepieces. Be creative and have fun!!!

• Tracy
    VIP February 2015
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

Great advice and I love your DIYs! Can you let me know what you guys had on your playlist? We're going the iPod DJ route. Send me a message if it's too long to post here.

Thanks!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Dragon and Phoenix origami

Seating Chart

Origami lined up

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Moooooooooooore!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Tracy, I'll try to send you the playlist.

Instead of clinking glasses to get the couple to kiss, we also had a D20 Kissing Game instead (like D&D). A D20 is a die with 20 faces

Tempt Fate and Play Cupid

Roll the D20 of Power to Cast a spell on the Newlyweds to get them to kiss

But beware for the die can just as easily turn its power on you

1.Critical Fail! Your spell backfires give someone a Hug, Kiss, or Handshake. You must reroll the Die to determine your smoochy fate ( 1-5 Kiss on the Mouth 6-10 Kiss on Cheek 11-18 Hug 19-20 Handshake )

2. Nothing happens but you cannot roll again for 15 minutes as you try to determine what went wrong

3. Knowledge is Power - Introduce yourself to 3 people you don’t know.

4. Something has gone horribly wrong and your spell has turned you into a little teapot! Make sure everyone knows it by singing and acting out the old children’s rhyme so that you can return to your human form

5. Celebrate the small victories - The bride and the groom high-five.

6. It’s all a big misunderstanding! -Tell a Joke to the hall

7. Oh no you have been spotted! Sing your favorite line from a lovesong to make the Newlyweds think you are a simple Bard – If the couple believe you they will show their affection with a kiss

8. Bride and Groom Bow to one another

9. Sometimes having the highest initiative isn’t the greatest thing -Re-Roll

10. Shady deals -The bride and groom shake hands

11. A wizard is only as good as his/her spell book -Fill out an extra advice card, and drop it off in the advice box near the guestbook

12.Wisdom of the ages -Share a piece of marriage advice The bride and groom will kiss to thank you

13. Polymorph! Oh No wrong spell you have turned the bride and groom into fish -The bride and groom blow kisses at each other

14.Good times and good friends -Make a Toast to your Table when you return to your seat

15.Let me tell you a tale - Tell a story about the bride or groom

16.Every good adventurer has at least one toast for large gatherings -Make a Toast to the Hall

17. Spell of hold person -The bride and groom hug

18. Your spell was strong but the will of the couple is stronger -Bride and Groom Kiss on cheek

19.Oh so close. You executed your spell perfectly but had the wrong targets in your sight- Pick a couple that has to kiss ( Can’t be Bride and Groom )

20. Success! Even a level 1 wizard gets lucky sometimes -Bride & Groom Kiss

Also made our bouquets, bouts and corsages

• Maggie
    VIP July 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Beautiful origami. I would love to see more.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

I LOVE YOUR DIE GAME!!!! OMG! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see your dress and everything else!

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

Wow, so creative and fun! Congratulations!!

• B & K 2014
    Super December 2014
    B & K 2014 ·
    • Flag

Wow, beautiful, cant wait to see more!

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

Your DIYs look great. I love how unique your die game is! Generally I dislike all the alternatives and the original, but I would totally play this! Great way to make people interact.

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Cake flowers

Wedding Cakes

Bouquets

• A
    VIP March 2015
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I absolutely LOVE all your origami!! It's so pretty and unique!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Pro Pics time!!! Here's some from the sneak peek. If anyone is in Edmonton, I HIGHLY recommend BDFK Photography!!!

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

More Pro pics

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Chair ties that I made

My sister and the BM dresses

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Tea ceremony and the second dress that I wore

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Ok, here are some screenshots of our dance playlist. If you look to the left, we also made over 10 other playlists for throughout the day.

• Alyssa
    Master April 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

That first pro pic is FABULOUS!!! Congrats!!! Smiley smile Your DIY's are fantastic. I wish I was creative.

• WeAreOne0822
    Super August 2015
    WeAreOne0822 ·
    • Flag

Everything is beautiful! I love the bouquets! So cheery!! Congrats!!

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Your origami is AMAZING!!!! And you look beautiful in *both* dresses!! Congratulations Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion