Ashlee
Super March 2014

KWR: WINE

Ashlee, on November 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 59
Saved Save

I loooove wine. Malbecs are my fave but pretty much any red will do. As for whites, a chardonnay every now and then is nice, especially during the summers here in Phoenix.

What's your favorite wine? Type and brand, since I'm always open to try new ones. Smiley smile

59 Comments

• Chloe
    Expert April 2014
    Chloe ·
    • Flag

I primarily drink rose. I love it! In fact we're gonna use sparkling rose instead of champagne at our wedding.

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Prosecco or Cava (Frexinet or Segura Vindas) with a shot of Campari in it or sparkling rose Moscato.

• Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

@Celia, I have not tried either of those! I'm not a fan of Moscato but I'm open to trying the others...

• Kristie & Bryce
    Super April 2014
    Kristie & Bryce ·
    • Flag

Shiraz is my favorite! I belong to a wine club, naked wines, so I get to try all different kinds, brands, and flavors at a discounted rate.

• Chloe
    Expert April 2014
    Chloe ·
    • Flag

I won a wine tasting contest when I was 16 lol so I do love wine... I should say that I primarily drink rose because I'm broke and I still like cheap rose lol

If someone wants to buy me a bottle of anything else I will drink it. Prosecco is one of my favs.

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Actually, I don't drink wine. It ALL tastes sour to me. I've tried so many different kinds, and even kinds that other people swear are sweet.

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

I also love roses , but unfortunately only a few dance on my tastebuds. I have found some cheaper ones that fit that category. As long as they have some fruit without being too sweet.

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I was never a big fan of Moscato; I thought it was too sweet but one of my mail order clubs offered Innocent Bystander, and I was hooked! (That was the W wine club)....

One of my couples did a Prosecco bar at their wedding and it was a huge hit (they did wine and beer too, but no hard liquor). They had pomegranate juice, peach nectar, berries and other mix ins; it went over like crazy!

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·
    • Flag

Prosecco or pinot grigio, italian only though

• LG
    Master October 2014
    LG ·
    • Flag

I love Moscatos and Rieslings. I tend to like sweet more.

I'll drink a Cabernet but for some reason, I get really bad hangovers when I drink red wine. So unless the food I am eating tastes phenomenal with it, I tend to lean to whites.

• ❤Skittles❤
    VIP December 2016
    ❤Skittles❤ ·
    • Flag

White moscato is so good! Getting used to red moscato though. Arbor Mist has good wines as well. Boone's Farm.... They're ok. Only tried strawberry field and blue hawaiian.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I like dessert/sweet wines, peach being my favorite flavor. I'm not grown up enough for the drier wines.

• ❤Skittles❤
    VIP December 2016
    ❤Skittles❤ ·
    • Flag

Paris, you might like Sweet Red Roo by Yellow Tail. It's a red wine though, not sure if you like them.

• ❤Skittles❤
    VIP December 2016
    ❤Skittles❤ ·
    • Flag
  • Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

@Truffle, I'm the complete opposite! I can drink an entire bottle of cab or merlot to myself and not get a hangover...but a couple glasses of white or anything sweet and I'm sick the whole next day.

• Rebekah
    Master April 2014
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag

La Crema: Pinot Noir

Blackstone: Merlot

Pouilly-Fuissé: It's a french white wine

Barefoot: Pinot Noir (cheap and not to bad)

These are the only ones I can think of right now.

• Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

@Rebekah, I love Blackstone!

• TheFutureMrsPatmore
    Super September 2014
    TheFutureMrsPatmore ·
    • Flag

I love almost all wine...I could go on for days, literally. I've taken classes in oenology and go to different wine regions in CA all the time...mostly Napa, Sonoma, Lodi & Amador. Send me an email at *******************@*****.*** and I will be happy to send you a list of yummy wines that are probably available in AZ!

I'm not getting married in wine country because it's cheaper that's for sure!

The Faves...

Sparkling ~ Schramsberg

Reds ~ Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Grenache

Whites ~ Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc

Sweets ~ Late Harvest Zin, Moscato

Love to talk wine anytime!!!

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·
    • Flag

7 Deadly Zins-Zinfandel, clearly

Hyatt-Riesling

These are the only 2 wines I have ever been able to tolerate & DH and I split both bottles between us on the same night. Smiley winking No other wine has ever twanged my buds the same & I can't find those to save my life

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I feel like I'm the only person that hates the taste of wine haha.

Comment on this discussion