Mrs.Goose
VIP November 2015

KWR: What's Your Stress Reliever?

Mrs.Goose, on April 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 32
Saved Save

FH & I have had so much going on especially the last few months with a big, unexpected move, planning the wedding and everyday full time life. We both have found our stress levels to be extra high and we both know it's not good for us. Luckily, we move in two days which will end a lot of the stress. But for the meantime, What's your biggest stress reliever?

I have a few: Peppermint tea, A MASSIVE glass of wine or two, a warm bath with all my favorite bath products etc. but I want to hear what you do to de-stress!

32 Comments

• Trisha
    Master August 2015
    Trisha ·

Yoga, for sure! Even when it's like an upbeat, cardio sculpt yoga, the workout makes me feel better.

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·

Margaritas.... working out... frozen margaritas... and sex

• MrsDitlow
    Super September 2015
    MrsDitlow ·

Sex! And music.

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·

Cooking/baking, playing piano and/or singing, going for a walk, reading, playing a game, cuddle/romantic time with H.

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·

Shopping... which means I am just super stressed because weddings make you broke.

• Sarahdell
    Master October 2014
    Sarahdell ·

Cardio

• D + S
    Super October 2015
    D + S ·

Cleaning or working out here

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·

Kitties!

We have two at home, and we both volunteer at an animal shelter.

And I'm waiting every day for the phone to ring for the cat coordinator to let me know that the shelter has received a litter of kittens that need fostering!

• Tara
    VIP April 2015
    Tara ·

Booze. And cuddling with my puppies

• Mrs.Goose
    VIP November 2015
    Mrs.Goose ·

Love these haha. I really have to try yoga!

• Ashley<3Ryan21
    Devoted September 2015
    Ashley<3Ryan21 ·

YOGA! Even if you're as flexible as a toothpick it's an amazing way to disconnect... Even if it just involves laughing at yourself the first few times. I'm also a swimmer so really nothing beats hiding in the pool for a few hours <3 you know I've reached the breaking point when I need to shop though, it's such a catch 22 lol

• Kris
    VIP October 2015
    Kris ·

Sex! And food lol

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·

Working at the barn used to be my stress reliever. I fed 40 to 60 horses 4 times a week. It takes a good memory and focus to remember what that many different horses individually eat, so for 4-5 hours a day, I would literally think about nothing else. Just focused on the task. It sucked some days, but really helped me with stress.

• Mary
    Devoted December 2014
    Mary ·

Take the dog for a walk or go snow mobiling.

• GeekyBride
    VIP September 2015
    GeekyBride ·

Yoga, running, and snuggles on the couch for a movie with my kiddos (and the pug).

• danielleesme
    VIP May 2016
    danielleesme ·

Reading. When I am over it on everything, I grab a book, pour a cup of tea and cuddle with my cats.

• JCB
    Master September 2015
    JCB ·

Horseback riding...or even just being at the barn hanging with the horses if i can't get around to ride, I like to just lay on the couch and cuddle with my dog and watch bad tv.

• C & K
    VIP June 2015
    C & K ·

Retail therapy! But if money is tight, I just get a massage at work (perks of working at full service salon/spa). And of course, snuggle with my kids in bed or on the couch while we watch tv or a movie.

• Maryrose
    Beginner December 2011
    Maryrose ·

KIK BOXNG

• Lauren73016
    Super July 2016
    Lauren73016 ·

Exercising is great! My favorite is body pump, which is pretty much a weight training class. I have to focus on proper form, so there is no time to think about stressful stuff. Unfortunately, due to a knee injury (not from this class), I am sidelined momentarily, so I turn to my other stress relievers...which are probably slightly less healthy. As with many others, just relaxing with a glass of wine and watching tv or reading a book is a nice way to de-stress. And on the unusual side...I love chatting on a Facebook group I belong to that is mainly for discussion of fashion, specifically Lilly Pulitzer and occasionally some other "preppy" stuff like Kate Spade, J.Crew, etc. I know that one is kind of unusual and specific, but there are Facebook groups/communities out there for all sorts of different interests, so you can apply it to whatever you are interested in.

Comment on this discussion