You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Glam0rous
VIP June 2016

Kids Favours??

Glam0rous, on October 23, 2015 at 10:12 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 17
Saved Save

I know most of everyone's weddings are 'adults only' but we have been trying to find some really neat and fun ideas for the kids party favours. We have about 10 kids attending our wedding and want to do something different for them. I have seen cute gumball machines and colouring books but am unsure about them. Anyone else seen some cute ideas? Who else has kids attending and have picked some different favours for them?

17 Comments

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Cookies and/or candy in a bag always makes for happy kids. You don't have to worry about getting something they will keep because kids will probably break it anyway. I would go to party city and look at their kids party favors. It's cheep but it's what the kids would actually want.

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

We will have a kids table and since it's at FILs the backyard has an awesome playground! Plus we are thinking of renting a bounce house Smiley smile

• Crystal L.
    Master August 2015
    Crystal L. ·
    • Flag

We had kids at ours, but we just had the same favors for kids and adults, since it was candy...lol!

• Tiffany
    Super August 2016
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

I have been thinking about this too. I think I will do the coloring book but I have also been thinking about maybe a little toy or stuffed animal. I think it will depend on how many kids are going to be coming. Oriental Trading Co. has a lot of kid type favors on there.

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

I forgot about Oriental Trading Co.! Thanks!! Smiley smile

• Glam0rous
    VIP June 2016
    Glam0rous ·
    • Flag

Great idea thank you!!!

• ashley
    Master November 2015
    ashley ·
    • Flag

We got a lot of cute stuff from oriental trading company! Wedding themed coloring books and crayons

• D
    Expert November 2015
    DRGCAS ·
    • Flag

We will have 10 children at our wedding. We got them some snacks, crayons, coloring books, small toys, a small and notepad with pens.

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

At my friend's recent wedding, they had coloring books and crayons, and little snacks like mini goldfish boxes on the tables to keep them occupied.

• RJmargo
    Master May 2016
    RJmargo ·
    • Flag

I got wedding coloring books and plan to get crayons. We are also planning on giving them cups with princesses or superheros on them (to fit with our subtle theme of superheroes and disney) instead of giving them the pint glasses the adults will get. They are also going to get the cupcakes everyone else is getting. We only have about 10 children as well.

Eta: spelling

• EatKnitRun
    Master May 2016
    EatKnitRun ·
    • Flag

Our favors are alcohol, so we will have a fun non-alcoholic drink favor for kids, either Stewart's soda or a bottle of chocolate milk. We are not providing activities for kids because 1. there aren't that many young ones invited, mostly teenagers and babies, and 2. I think it's the parents' job to teach their kids how to act at a party and bring goodies to keep them entertained if necessary. The exception to this will be my 18 month old niece, who I love to spoil, and is our flower girl. Her gift for being in the wedding party will be an engraved locket for when she is older and a toy that she can play with anytime, including at the wedding.

• Steffany
    Super August 2016
    Steffany ·
    • Flag

We're not doing favors for the adults, but I'm looking at dollar stores now for train and wedding themed coloring books (we're getting married at a train depot). I may or may not buy a pack of train whistles on Amazon, depending on how crazy I get before the wedding!

• April
    Super March 2016
    April ·
    • Flag

Because of the theme of our wedding, I'm thinking of making superhero capes for kids 12 and under

• OriginalKD
    Master December 2015
    OriginalKD ·
    • Flag

We are having a hot cocoa bar for the kids

• Mrs. (future) Doraska
    Dedicated July 2016
    Mrs. (future) Doraska ·
    • Flag

We are having probably 30 kids at our wedding. We aren't doing favors for anybody, but we are going to put together a couple of coloring sheets and crayons for the kiddos. Our venue also suggests having a balloon for the back of the kids chairs for kids meals and such. Since we are doing mostly pinwheels for decorations though, we will buy a bunch of cheap pinwheels to tape to the backs of the kid's chairs. They can keep them also.

• F
    Savvy March 2016
    FutureMrsBarber ·
    • Flag

I am going to give the kids Candy Apples in our wedding colors.

• Nicole
    Master July 2015
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I made a wedding coloring book with a crossword puzzle, a maze in the shape of the first letter of our last name, word search, and coloring pages. I tied on some washable crayons. The kids loved it because weddings can be boring so it was something to do and made them feel though about.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics