Fjdkfkvkdkskp
Dedicated September 2018

Kauai honeymoon!

Fjdkfkvkdkskp, on July 22, 2018 at 10:05 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 5
Saved Save
My fiancé and I are just starting to plan our honeymoon to Kauai! I was thinking of staying 4 nights on the north coast of Kauai and then 4 nights on the south coast. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as areas to stay in, things to do, etc? Thanks!

5 Comments

• G
    Dedicated July 2018
    Getting Maui’d ·
    • Flag
    We just came back from a Monday-Friday at Hanalei Bay resort! It was beautiful up there in the bay but kinda far from a lot of stuff. Past Hanalei things are closed. We did a Napali coast tour with north shore charters, fishing trip, 6.5 mile hike of napali, and a small sailing canoe, we had a great time! Waimea canyon was beautiful too. Traffic is kind of bad in kaapa area. I would definitely utilize yelp and TripAdvisor!
  • J
    Expert September 2018
    Jody ·
    • Flag
    Poipu is a great area. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt, which was awesome. Also enjoyed Kapaa town (rent bikes, so fun to ride along the coastline!) and Hanalei.
  • Mrs.Baker.Mischief.Maker
    Devoted April 2018
    Mrs.Baker.Mischief.Maker ·
    • Flag
    Oooh! Waimea Canyon, Hanapepe Town (check out the rope bridge, visit Talk Story bookstore). If open, the drive to Ke’e beach is amazing, especially with the one lane bridges along the way. Napali coast is jaw droppingly gorgeous. If you can stomach it, a helicopter tour is fun! There’s a sugar mill tubing adventure that I’ve been wanting to check out!

If you prefer to cook your own food, look into renting a timeshare or a vacation rental, and buy groceries from Walmart, Safeway, Costco. If you like burgers, check out Duane’s Ono Charburger - it’s a red shack just past Whaler’s General. Also try lilikoi chiffon pie at Hamura’s Saimin Stand.

Chickens are EVERYWHERE. They were dispersed throughout the island by a hurricane, so they’re just part of the scene now 😆
  • M
    Dedicated January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ono Char burger in Anahola is a must! SOO good. The Teri burger is my fav.
    Sugar mill tubing is fun very low key not too fast it's more of a lazy river we really liked it.
  • M
    Dedicated January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    If you like to hike Hanakapiai is a beautiful all day hike, just be careful depending on when you go the weather may not be right for it. Kauai is very green and there are plenty of hikes and good snorkel spots. Turtle cove is a cool spot to check out also. If you like coffee try HA coffee bar in Lihue and as someone already mentioned Ono Char burger is awesome it's one of our regular spots.

Comment on this discussion