Colleen
Devoted September 2016

Just sharing his gift because I'm excited

Colleen, on April 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
Saved Save

I know a lot of people don't do gifts for each other (bride and groom) and say "they are getting to marry me!" Lol...we didn't talk about doing gifts and I don't know if he plans on getting me one but I really wanted to get him this....When we were at Zales looking at rings for him since we still haven't got one he saw a watch he really liked. It was much more than he was willing to spend on it soooo....I just ordered it for him and I'll have either my MOH or Matron or Honor bring it to him on our wedding day and it will have a little note attached saying "See you at 5:30".

I know I ordered it a bit early but it was majorly on sale and I had 50.00 off if I spent over a certain amount.

I'm excited about it so just wanted to share Smiley smile

ETA: The Navy face is perfect since out color is Navy (with gold and cream)

11 Comments

• GrumpyCatRebecca
    VIP September 2016
    GrumpyCatRebecca ·
    • Flag

Awesome. Also, hey date twin! My FH loves watches, but it's at the point where it's hard to buy them for him because he has at least half a dozen that he wears regularly, so it's not like I can get him a style he doesn't already have.

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

There's a Etsy store called Off The Cuff 2010 that has cuff links that are made out of the gears inside the watch. Something like that would be neat if he has all the watches ever! lol.

• Lisa
    VIP February 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

That's so very thoughtful!!!

• Margaret
    Super July 2016
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

That's awesome! I got FH a watch too... very close to yours (I like your choice better - FH is a gold guy. meh). Great choice!!!

• Bacon Curly Gurl
    VIP September 2016
    Bacon Curly Gurl ·
    • Flag

Ohhhh thanks for the tip Colleen! FH loves watches and already has several like GrumpyCat's FH so cuff links could be perfect!

• Charity
    Super October 2016
    Charity ·
    • Flag

That's so awesome, love the delivery idea! I am getting FH a watch as well, and having the back of the face engraved!

• Melanie
    Savvy April 2016
    Melanie ·
    • Flag

I'm doing the same exact thing with the same watch!! I got mine on Black Friday! LOVE this idea!

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

@melanie...great minds think alike! Your day is soooo soon!

• Michelle
    Expert May 2016
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Very nice!! I also got FH a watch plus a watch "jewelry box"! Cant wait to give it to him at rehrarsal dinner!

• Spidel8
    Super October 2016
    Spidel8 ·
    • Flag

Great gift! I love this idea!

• Sandyfish
    Super August 2017
    Sandyfish ·
    • Flag

My FH loves watches. What a thoughtful giftSmiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more