Mrs. Captain America
VIP June 2014

June Weddings!

Mrs. Captain America, on March 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM Posted in Planning 0 44
Saved Save

Where are my fellow June brides and grooms? Our time is coming up so fast, close to 2 months!

Today I sent out the invites...yikes! At first I messed up, so when I sealed these ones last night I triple checked all of them to make sure everything was included.

What have all of you been doing lately? I know there's not much planning in these last couple months, but I know we've been scheduling a lot of vendor meetings and working on budgets more haha.

44 Comments

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·

Good luck! I'll be in your spot in roughly a year

• Mrs. Captain America
    VIP June 2014
    Mrs. Captain America ·

MrsM thanks! Seriously though last June it felt sooo far away, but the year flew by so fast!

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·

Oh, shit! Two months will fly by so quickly! I have 3 months to go, and I feel like there isn't much to do right now. Like you, I've been checking in with vendors. The envelopes are with the calligrapher; we'll send them out at the end of April.

Have you had any dress alterations yet?

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·

As antsy as I am for this year to pass (and I never wish for time to pass), I am glad we gave ourselves to much time to do this. I've had a lot of experience with my past professions, but never really planned my own.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·

I cannot wait! I won't mail my invites for another three weeks, but they are ready to go! I just finished my cardbox and FH and I are starting to pay off vendors in April so its not so shocking in May when they're all due!

• T&J
    Devoted June 2014
    T&J ·

I'm waiting for my invites to arrive. I have a few addresses I have to track down yet. And have to start working on my card box and figure out what I am doing for flowers....

• Johnstrong
    Devoted June 2014
    Johnstrong ·

This weekend I got a lot accomplished - met with a florist, got my first dress fitting taken care of and spent a bazillion hours and bucks at Hobby Lobby. I also put my invites together, ordered a return address stamp, mailing stamps, and will be addressing them all this week after work.

I have a shower this weekend and I need to get an outfit and host gifts for that. It's crazy how much busier I'm feeling now that I'm 90 days out!

• FutureMrsEdwardWilliam
    Savvy June 2014
    FutureMrsEdwardWilliam ·

I feel like I am so far behind. I have not even thought about mailing out invites yet. I was going to wait until the first week of May (maybe I should reconsider). As far as the vendors go, my mother is in charge of that. I have absolutely no clue when payments are due (I'm very lucky to have her). Other than invites I feel like I'm pretty good with the little things. Who knows I'm probably forgetting a lot of things.

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·

Hey, we're date twins!!!

Invites will go out Monday the 7th. I don't know, I have something with dates matching...

Just ordered the place card paper and designed the labels for our photobooth holders. I received our photo guest book in the mail today and our last gift (for our officiant) will be coming tomorrow.

Had my fitting for my bustle on Friday, so that's in the books.

I guess the only thing left is bridey stuff...jewelry, evening bag and that's about it!!!

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·

My wedding is June 21st, and it still feels SO far away. We are pretty much ready to go, minus a few minor details.

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·

We sent out invites out in March, as 1/2 of our guests are flying across the country, and our reception is in a bed-and-breakfast type town. There aren't a ton of housing options.

• Happy2b MRS.Henderson
    Devoted June 2014
    Happy2b MRS.Henderson ·

Just finalized my menu today. Changed venue and food. Had to order invites twice due to changing venue. UGH I am so over it and cannot wait until June 14th. Just ready to be Mrs. Henderson. Happy its almost HERE

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·

Kyle! You are my date twin and are making me feel behind! Ugh I don't have my options back yet from the designer to approve...

Do you have your music picked out??

• Jae
    Master June 2014
    Jae ·

YAY June brides! We're working on our song playlist. Invites went out last week, we've already gotten 3 back WOOHOO! My bachelorette party is this weekend. Fun times ahead!

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·

We sent out our invites today and my bachelorette/birthday party is this weekend. So excited!!!!

• Mrs. Captain America
    VIP June 2014
    Mrs. Captain America ·

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I know one other June 7th already sent our her invites. I wanted to send them out earlier but had trouble rounding up family addresses haha.

Madeline I actually just had my first fitting last weekend! They are putting in a bustle and I think that's pretty much it. Kinda bummed out though because my dress isn't quite long enough for my 3 1/2 inch heels :/

• Jae
    Master June 2014
    Jae ·

I'm so nervous about dress alterations, no idea why. I haven't been that stressed out about anything else until alterations started. I'm scared it won't look right. I guess it's because everything else I've done myself, but obviously I can't do alterations so I have to trust somebody else to do it right. TRUST ISSUES!!!!

• Mrs. Captain America
    VIP June 2014
    Mrs. Captain America ·

Oooh bachelorette parties Katie and Jae, have fun!!

Kyle I think that's good that you sent them out earlier, guests will definitely appreciate it I'm sure.

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·

We did start on our music, but still have some songs to finalize. We need to get our suits altered...

• Mrs. Captain America
    VIP June 2014
    Mrs. Captain America ·

Jae I don't blame you, it's scary trusting others to deal with it!

Comment on this discussion