Megan K
Expert July 2013

Juice

Megan K, on August 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 46
Saved Save

We need some...this day has been a little sluggish. Who's got dirt??

46 Comments

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

No dirt, but I have a confession. FBIL's wife had a baby shower in PA for her side of the family this past weekend. NO ONE got a gift off her registry. And the cake was super awkward. It was a baby's bottom, with its legs sticking out from underneath a blanket. That's it. So...you're putting a knife through a baby?!?!?

• Angela Marie
    Master May 2014
    Angela Marie ·
    • Flag

:-)

• Angela Marie
    Master May 2014
    Angela Marie ·
    • Flag

OTW - That's horrible! I'd cry.

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·
    • Flag

@OTW that's really crappy. Hope she can return them and get stuff she actually wanted! (Does this make me gift grubby? UGH start the drama haha)

I think a friend of mine who got married a few months ago is going to get a divorce.

She wants kids soon, he never does. That's not exactly a good combination.

Plus when they got engaged, everyone reacted with "Uh... what...? Well.. congrats..." because we all thought they were headed for a break up for months before they announced their engagement. But honestly, I don't feel all that bad for her. Her husband is a major egotistical douche bag and I would hate being married to him.

• Future_Lobos
    VIP September 2013
    Future_Lobos ·
    • Flag

I hate creepy baby cakes!

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

I have another confession. Same FBIL's wife has a registry at Babies R Us. FSIL asked if we could go three ways on a gift. I know she's tight on money, but her idea of "splitting it three ways" means she'll put in $25, while FH and I fork over $150 each. I asked FH what to do and he said to just tell her we already got them a gift.

• Valerie
    VIP September 2013
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

Please no one post pictures of the really bad baby shower cakes . . .

• STBMsMullings
    Super July 2015
    STBMsMullings ·
    • Flag

I hate belly cakes, baby cakes, and anything like that cakes! Gross

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·
    • Flag

AND now for a segment I like to call... CREEPY BABY CAKES!

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·
    • Flag

Sorry @Valerie

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

I can't stand a bunch of the people at my seasonal job, many of whom I've never actually met. I just see them on the FB group for the event, and so many of them act like this 18 night job (it's always right around 20 nights of work) is the most important thing they've done in life; they ask questions about things that have not changed in YEARS; they ask before scrolling down so there's 7 posts about the same damn thing; and one lady is all "Woe is me, my life sucks, I might have to quite because I can't get a ride" -- good, quit, I don't want to deal with your misery.

Oh, also, someone we know needs to break up with their oh-so-not-right-for-them girlfriend. Because I still kinda want to punch her in the face.

And I also still want to punch the person that upset my husband last week square in the face.

• Angela Marie
    Master May 2014
    Angela Marie ·
    • Flag

That middle one is just horrible! Is she having triplets in the last cake? And the first one...no.

• Married2013
    Master September 2013
    Married2013 ·
    • Flag

Soonyee – one of my Instagram friends replicated that cake and posted it, my mouth dropped. I just felt uncomfortable.

**the first cake you posted.

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·
    • Flag

@Lindsay W. Gross gross gross

I almost regret posting them because now I have to keep scrolling past them.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

I can't believe you didn't post this one! When I threw a baby shower for my sister, she was sad the cake was just flowers and nothing baby-related. . . she has no idea how lucky she was!

• Breanna
    Expert January 2017
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

This isn't very juicy, but today I got to start walking for the first time since my surgery last month =]

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

Oh god... is the blue baby......dead? That's AWFUL! And on a medical tray?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?

• OhHeyItsIna
    Master November 2014
    OhHeyItsIna ·
    • Flag

@soonyee *twitch*... When I get pregnant I'm keeping it a secret and telling people it's just water weight. That way my emotional fluctuations are justified because people are calling me fat. Then I will pull a tlc "I didn't know I was pregnant" moment and be all "a ahh alien!"

• Jackie
    Master October 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

Creepy ass baby cakes!

Hmm...juice? My FSIL who had the instant just-add-water fiance. (Broke up with live-in bf, engaged to someone else less than 2 weeks later, announced HER engagement at OUR EP, was going to get married on our wedding date but this year) broke up with aforementioned fiance back in April, swore off all men and relationships and is now exclusively dating someone new.

Seriously? While I'd love to address her guest by name on our STD and invite I think I'm safer putting "and guest" on anything that goes to her.

• Future_Lobos
    VIP September 2013
    Future_Lobos ·
    • Flag

The blue baby looks dead. It's disturbing.

Comment on this discussion