We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Ingrid
Super October 2020

Jj's House

Ingrid, on April 8, 2019 at 11:27 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save
Has anyone ordered from JJ's house? Is this a reputable site? And is it good quality?

12 Comments

• Laura
    Devoted January 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    My cousin ordered there for their daughters. They did custom dresses and they were perfect. I plan on ordering my flower girl dress from there.
  • Hannah
    Dedicated August 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    My mom bought her mother of the bride dress from there and it turned out very pretty! (:
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    They are an Asian knockoff site. They attempt to recreate true designer dresses using cheaper materials. I know people have had luck with them for things like bridesmaid and flower girl dresses but it’s not something I would risk for my wedding dress unless you have the funds and time to get a new dress if needed.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally agree with Kelly. Avoid.
  • Eamsee
    Super June 2019
    Eamsee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is true.

My mother came across JJ's House online and wanted to order her MOB dress when she saw how good the prices were. I did a little digging, warned her against it, but she decided to go ahead and order it anyway. It was an absolute disaster. The fabric was super cheap and itchy and the dress was poorly made. The dress was also about 5 sizes too small and it was "custom" made to her measurements. They also refused to refund her and after weeks arguing with them, they agreed to refund only about 25% of it. So she donated it to the Salvation Army instead. She ended up finding a beautiful dress through David's Bridal during their $99 sale. This is an actual photo of her in the JJ's House dress. You can see just how small the dress was.

While some people have had decent experiences, it really is a 50/50 gamble. Personally speaking, I wouldn't risk losing the money and being stuck with a useless dress. Cocomelody and Azazie are legitimate companies that offer budget friendly wedding, bridesmaids, and MOB/MOG dresses. I personally know ladies that have gotten dresses through them and a lot of ladies here on WW have as well. Best of luck to you!

JJ's House trainwreckJj's House 1

• C
    Devoted June 2019
    C R ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress from JJs House, BUT......I am an older, second time bride looking for something simple and knee length - much different than what most of you might be looking for. And, although I'm not constrained by budget, I saw no point in spending hundreds or thousands for the type of wedding we're having. And, there are few things in life I loathe more than shopping - ha - so all of that added up to.....why not, let's take a shot. If it was a horrible mistake, I willing to risk the $150 (which included custom measurements and expedited shipping) and go to Plan B.

No need for Plan B. It came in and I was really pleasantly surprised. It looks just like the picture, is VERY well made, and the materials are beautiful. So much so that I then decided to buy a bolero jacket / wrap as well.....that just came in and is just as nice. Both were ordered in ivory satin and are a perfect match to each other.

Let me be clear ---- your mileage may vary. For ME, and my situation, it made perfect sense, but I knew it was a risk. Personally, I think any online ordering is a risk, so just know that going in. I did read reviews and saw pictures of my dress on actual customers who left reviews, which helped.
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Much like you see above, I have heard mixed reviews. Some things will turn out PERFECTLY, but the ones that don't...oh man is it a disaster! Though it's better than MANY of the "knockoff sites," it still fits in that same category. If you have the time and the extra few $$$ to take a chance on them, give it a shot! BUT! Keep in mind that if you end up getting a dress back that isn't what you wanted, you'll be back at the start again, and you may run out of time and money to get something new.

Hope that helps!

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Quality is not great— hit or miss, and reputation is seriously questionable. They’re a knock off site so you’re not getting what’s pictured but rather their best attempt at recreating with cheaper materials. THAT said , with simple and less important gowns (think bridesmaids), it could be worth the risk. But I would never take that chance on a wedding dress. To top that off, I’ve heard stories of customer service nightmares— all well and good until you try to make a return, and then it turns into a disaster. So definitely buyer beware, and definitely not a place to count on for an easy return if all is not as expected.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I agree with others about this being a hit or miss, 50/50 gamble. My bridesmaid ordered a custom dress from there and it was very beautiful and good quality. It was not a knock off of any other dress but a true custom creation. It was a simple dress so I don't know if that made any difference. Here are some pics front and back of her dress.

Jj's House 2

Jj's House 3

Jj's House 4

Jj's House 5

• Carlee
    Dedicated September 2019
    Carlee ·
    • Flag

I've ordered from there, I thought it was good quality!

• Claire
    Savvy November 2019
    Claire ·
    • Flag

My mom has ordered two dresses from there and really likes them! She is planning on ordering her dress from there for my wedding too!

I considered ordering my wedding dress from there, but in the end I was too afraid that it would be a mess and waste part of my budget!

• Ingrid
    Super October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all for your input. I'm considering ordering a reception dress from there....I already have my wedding dress. I liked what I saw on the website but I'm leary.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles