We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

kristin
Just Said Yes November 2015

Jamaican honeymoon. Which resort?

kristin, on July 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
Saved Save

FH and I have gone back and forth for months now and finally narrowed it down to 2 resorts.

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Couples Tower Isle Ocho Rios

FH likes the look of Secrets better, but it does cost more. Couples rooms look a bit bland, but they include some outside excursions in the price and airport transfer.

Have any of y'all been to either of these resorts? What are some pros and cons? We would be going Nov 19-Nov 25 this year. TIA!!

11 Comments

• DMN
    Super May 2015
    DMN ·
    • Flag

We went to Couples San Souchi in May, but I know they were doing renovations later this year. We loved it!! MIL's best friend is a travel agent and said that Secrets aren't great honeymoon locations. They tend to be overpacked and crowded like Sandles. Couples is smaller, awesome customer service, the food is amazing! There are quite a few excursions not listed on the website BTW. Glass bottom boats, scuba, snorkeling, all included.. Plus they don't allow tipping on the resort so you don't feel like you have to tip everyone.

• Natalie
    Master May 2015
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

We went to Couples Tower Isle in May. We had a great time. The resort and the rooms are dated, but the food and the activities were great. We did the Dunn's River Falls excursion. And at the resort we went sailing, scuba diving, and paddle boarding, which were all included. We loved that the resort was small, and couples only. But another thing to consider, Ocho Rios is about an 1.5 hour drive from the Montego Bay airport.

• kristin
    Just Said Yes November 2015
    kristin ·
    • Flag

Y'all are making this very easy for me to convince FH to go with Couples…which is what I was leaning toward anyway!

• Kinsey
    VIP October 2015
    Kinsey ·
    • Flag

I heard the beaches in Negril are amazing. What about Couples Negril? A friend of mine stayed there and her photos were gorgeous. We were going to stay at Sandals Negril but they will have construction going on til December.

• FutureMrsCrane
    Master October 2015
    FutureMrsCrane ·
    • Flag

I have never been to either, but my brother went to a Couples resort (Swept Away I think) and absolutely loved it. The stories he told and pictures he showed me are gorgeous. If FH and I weren't getting married in October, that's definitely where we'd be going. On average, there are 18 rainy days in October. I just didn't want to risk it! Apparently when him and his wife went horse back riding, their tour guide was joking around with SIL to get my brother going- the guy would sing reggae in the horse's ear, which apparently made the horse go super fast every single time. It's just little things like that the employees and staff that make the trip even better. Kind of off topic and random, but I found it funny.

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·
    • Flag

Nobody ever asks about the resorts I've been to.

I'm starting to doubt that the places I've been to actually exist. :-P

• FutureMrsCrane
    Master October 2015
    FutureMrsCrane ·
    • Flag

PK, This is totally creepy, but I remember you're going to Riveria Maya because that's where FH and I are going. What resort are you going to?

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's creepy to remember that someone is going to the same place as you at the same time.

We're going to the Iberostar Paraiso Maya. We've stayed there before. We also stayed at one of the Iberostar resorts in Jamaica. Nobody online ever mentions or asks about Iberostar. I don't get it.

• Allison W
    Dedicated September 2015
    Allison W ·
    • Flag

I've been to the Secrets Wild Orchid and I highly recomend it! The beach is gorgeous, the rooms are luxurious and the resort is fun to explore. The pools, bars and dining are excellent as well.

• Kinsey
    VIP October 2015
    Kinsey ·
    • Flag

@PK didnt you go to Iberostar?

ETA: My computer is slow. BUT! We stayed at Iberostar - I think it is like a super top secret legends of the temple place. But I have NEVVVVVVVER seen a post or question about it lol

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·
    • Flag

@Kinsey

Comment on this discussion

Related articles