OnCloudRawls
VIP June 2019

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!!

OnCloudRawls, on January 7, 2019 at 7:34 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 168

Congratulations to all of the newly engaged couples and welcome to WeddingWire! It is time for the WeddingWire Bridal Fashion Show!! Brides, you're probably excited or nervous about your upcoming dress shopping appointment(s). My advice, try on EVERY style and always wear your beautiful...

Congratulations to all of the newly engaged couples and welcome to WeddingWire!

It is time for the WeddingWire Bridal Fashion Show!! Brides, you're probably excited or nervous about your upcoming dress shopping appointment(s). My advice, try on EVERY style and always wear your beautiful smile! Feel free to post a picture of a dress you're looking forward to trying on.

To all of the brides that have SAID YES TO THE DRESS:

1) Share a picture of your dress with us. It can be you wearing your dress or a catalog picture of the dress.

2) Was your dress what you envisioned yourself wearing on your wedding day?

3) Are you adding anything "extra" like some sparkle to your dress?

4) Who did you bring with you to your dress shopping appointment(s)?

76ac7b043c30bdbef13c84296ab77e3b.jpg

ee864c1d139622b7e8ce6a20c3f5e214.jpg

6987c1ed8e632979827173abf5977605.jpg

(All images from Pinterest)

Bonus Points: Share a short caption on what was the most memorable part about your dress shopping experience.

168 Comments

• Mrs. Cohen
    Super October 2018
    Mrs. Cohen ·

I had envisioned wearing an A-Line gown with a lace bodice & straps.... I actually got to try on the exact dress I had on my Pinterest board, and honestly hated it lol

I ended up with a strapless ballgown by Essence of Australia. I totally had that moment where I instantly fell in love the second I put this dress on. It fit perfectly, was flattering to my figure, still had a lace bodice, the material was so incredibly soft, and it flowed gorgeously as I walked/moved around. I did not cry, but I definitely could not stop smiling! I just felt so incredibly happy. I still loved my dress just as much on my wedding day. It was surprisingly easy to move around and dance in (with the help of a bustle after the ceremony) and it photographed so well! I'm still in love with my dress and I am so so so glad I was open minded when it came to trying on different dress styles, or else I may not have ever found "the one". (My only dress regret was wearing the ribbon tie it came with; it was so hard to get a nice looking bow out of it, I wish I had found a thin sparkly belt instead. Oh well).

In regards to my dress finding experience... it was PERFECTION! I went to a plus-size friendly boutique, Della Curva, in Los Angeles, where we had the entire boutique to ourselves for my 2 hour appointment. I had my mom, sister (my maid of honor), and my best friend of 15 years with me. We had such a great time laughing at the hideous dresses I tried on and "awwww'ing" at the beautiful ones I tried on. When I said "Yes to the Dress", the shop owner pumped up the music and we all danced around (including her) yelping "omg" and "yay"! I'll never forget the day I found my dress. It was everything I dreamed of and more!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 1

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 2

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 3

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 4

• Brae
    Rockstar September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! The geometric design was definitely what sold me on the dress.
  • B
    Savvy November 2019
    Bryanna ·
    Here’s mine! I’m so in love with it. I originally wanted a long sleeve a line dress, but ended up with this one. I’m thinking of adding some type of topper or something as the wedding is in November, but I’m not too sure yet. Its so perfect. 😍

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 5

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 6
  • Clover & Jon
    Dedicated October 2019
    Clover & Jon ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wowowowowow so architectural !
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness!!!!! That is most definitely your dress! It is PERFECT! From the details to the fabric and design! Perfection! Your veil gives a romantic touch to your bridal look! Well done!!

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

Your dress is beautiful! I had the same thought with mermaid style. The fit and flare style gives a soft look to your bridal dress. Are you wearing a veil?

• Alana
    Savvy June 2019
    Alana ·
    I went dress shopping a total of three times- the first with a coworker who got engaged shortly before I did, the second with a close friend and the third by myself. I bought the dress on the left thinking it was what I wanted and TBH just really ready to be done shopping and then suffered a month of dress regret. I went to s store that sells sample and consignments hoping not to fall in love with something better... and then I found the dress on the right. 4 months later I’m still in love with it and can’t wait until June!
    Dont be like me- you can always go home and think on it and try it on again!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 7
  • Katie
    Beginner August 2019
    Katie ·
    I got my dress before my FH and I even picked a date, I fell in love and it was tax free so I couldn't pass it up! My mom, grandma, and close cousin were with me and I'm so glad they got to be there! Now trying to choose between the short and long veil

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 8

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 9

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 10

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 11

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 12
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    Definitely not what I wanted. It is poofy, has ruffles and is strapless (all things I didn’t want). I knew I would hate it, but wanted to try it for fun.

I went three times, first with just my sister, then with just my mom (my sister was supposed to come, but was sick) and then the last time, where I had to make my decision as I can’t make decisions without ample time to overthink everything, lol. I tried it at my last appointment for the heck of it and ended up loving it.

FrontIt's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 13Back.It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 14

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

You made the right decision! You will know if that is your dress, and I must say, the dress on the right IS YOUR DRESS! It looks fabulous on you!

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

*Inserts the eye heart emoji! Sounds like you got a great deal!!! That is a dreamy dress! The illusion and lace back is stunning! And I love your veil! How are you wearing your hair?

• Katie
    Beginner August 2019
    Katie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! I want to do half up half down (FH says thats what he wants to see!) and I've never been a huge fan of having my hair in an updo.
  • Katie
    Beginner August 2019
    Katie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It looks fabulous on you - stunning!!! My dress was all the things I thought I didn't want too, funny how things work out sometimes
  • Shannon
    Dedicated October 2019
    Shannon ·
    I finally chose my dress this past Saturday. I was looking for a boho, long sleeve lace dress. But every sleeve dress I tried on was not flattering. I ended up choosing this dress! It has a lace bodice and a tulle skirt, still giving off a boho vibe! I’m going to be adding straps to it as well. Also it is a grey/latte color and I loved that! I knew it was the one when I kept comparing others to it and every time I wore it, I got teary eyed.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 15
  • Sully
    Dedicated April 2019
    Sully ·

This is my dress and it is totally not what I thought I would end up with. Ended up not liking the dress I thought I would love. My mom saw this on the hanger when a consultant brought it over and immediately said it was my dress! I took my mom and two of my bridesmaids.
    It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 16

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 17

• bethf
    Devoted August 2019
    bethf ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Stunning girl!!
  • L
    Dedicated April 2019
    lashavetta ·
    This is my dress i tried this one on first,and fell in love with it. But i did try on two others and wanted to go back to thos one.I am getting married in 3months super excited

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 18
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

I have to agree! That is a lovely dress! I guess moms do know best! Are you wearing a veil? How are you wearing your hair?

• L
    Dedicated April 2019
    lashavetta ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Your dress is so pretty
  • Sully
    Dedicated April 2019
    Sully ·
    View Quoted Comment

I am planning on wearing a veil and wearing my hair curled and to the side. Still in search of a hair person, I seem to be having the hardest time with hair and makeup and my wedding is not that far away!

Comment on this discussion