OnCloudRawls
Rockstar June 2019

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!!

OnCloudRawls, on January 7, 2019 at 7:34 PM Posted in Wedding Attire

Congratulations to all of the newly engaged couples and welcome to WeddingWire!

It is time for the WeddingWire Bridal Fashion Show!! Brides, you're probably excited or nervous about your upcoming dress shopping appointment(s). My advice, try on EVERY style and always wear your beautiful smile! Feel free to post a picture of a dress you're looking forward to trying on.

To all of the brides that have SAID YES TO THE DRESS:

1) Share a picture of your dress with us. It can be you wearing your dress or a catalog picture of the dress.

2) Was your dress what you envisioned yourself wearing on your wedding day?

3) Are you adding anything "extra" like some sparkle to your dress?

4) Who did you bring with you to your dress shopping appointment(s)?

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 1

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 2

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 3

(All images from Pinterest)

Bonus Points: Share a short caption on what was the most memorable part about your dress shopping experience.

Share:

163 Comments

• D
    Devoted October 2019
    Destiny ·
    I'd hoped round a high low dress so no not what I envisioned still thinking I'll hem it up I am ordering an all the way around sparkly belt instead of just the lil section in front and I went with my fmil and she will be paying for my dress considering we are so close she considers me a daughter already

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 4

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 5
  • Chandra
    Rockstar May 2019
    Chandra ·
    The catalog pic was what I went in thinking I wanted but DB didnt have them in any stores locally. my vision was very little lace and something pretty simple. A lot of the dresses I tried on there and the plus size boutique were very similar to the one I ended up with
    I sure got it! It's the perfect amount of lace for me.

Most memorable moment was filling out paperwork and one of the sales girls coming up and going "so....i think you're my neighbor!" She lives above me and it was totally unexpected because the shop is in a suburb like 25 miles away! Lol

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 6

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 7
  • Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen ·
    1. My dress
    2. I swore I would not wear white. Now I am happy I got a white dress. We are doing all white flowers. Colbalt blue brides maids dresses. Silver groomswomen
    future hubby and ring box and ring security boy in a soft gray and signs and table numbers in navy. So I think white will be the best
    3.my boobs are huge I need a courset thinking that with a corbalt blue ribbon.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 8
  • A
    Dedicated August 2019
    Alicia ·
    My favorite part of the whole experience was having my nieces with me. They so ridiculously excited about the whole process, they were literally jumping for joy when I said yes to the dress!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 9

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 10
  • Rae
    Dedicated July 2019
    Rae ·
    I tried my dress on just for fun not thinking I’d like it. I don’t think the consultant thought I’d really want it. She made the comment that it’s her favorite but no one ever wants to try it on. I put it on and fell in love. Then I found out it was discontinued 😩 Luckily the shop was able to have the designer agree to make it as a special order. Yay!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 11

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 12
  • OnCloudRawls
    Rockstar June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    View Quoted Comment

Your dress look great on you! I like the idea of the belt going all around, and it's really sweet that your FMIL is paying for your dress! Was she there with you when you picked your dress?

• S
    Dedicated February 2019
    Sarah ·
    Designers pic of my dress and then me before any alterations.

I wanted a consistent lace pattern for a timeless, classy look. I found this dress online and it was exactly what I wanted in person too.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 13

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 14

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 15

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 16
  • Monique
    Devoted December 2019
    Monique ·
    This dress was not what I envisioned as my dress. I saw myself in something strapless and all lace. I tried this on because it had sleeves and sleeves in December made sense. It wa a absolutely gorgeous on me and I loved everything except the skirt part. I had always wanted a ball gown skirt and it was a line. They gave a an underskirt and not only does it solve that problem and give it a full skirt it makes it so that I do not need to get the dress altered for height! I will be wearing a tiara to add a little sparkle and then I brought 3 bridesmaids with me.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 17
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    This is my dress! It was not what I envisioned. I thought I would get a sheath or an a line dress. I'm planning on making it a bit more sweetheart neckline and adding a belt. My favorite memory is probably calling my sister (moh) to tell her. She was on a trip, but David's bridal was having a sale so my mom, fmil, and I figured we would just go look, but I loved it.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 18

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 19

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 20
  • Justine
    Devoted July 2019
    Justine ·

I never dreamed I'd end up in a lace dress, yet here it is! I absolutely did not want a train, but when I tried dresses on that had them, I LOVED them! I also didn't think my dress would be sheath... I wanted a mermaid or A-line!

I had 9 people with me! My mom, grandma, my two MOHs, 3 of my bridesmaids, and my two aunts. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I valued everyone's opinions, and I didn't have too many opinions, either. They all wanted me to make my own decision!

My most memorable moment was when I came out in THE DRESS and every single person in my entourage held up the BEST DRESS EVER sign! It was an amazing feeling because it just solidified the feeling I'd had in the dressing room!!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 21

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 22

• A
    Savvy August 2019
    Alea ·
    I thought I for sure wanted a mermaid dress! This is trumpet so it’s pretty close but still! And I didn’t think I’d want all of the beading. But I just love it all!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 23
  • Keary
    Dedicated May 2019
    Keary ·
    First pic is me and second is bridal mannequin. I had this thought of something soft but fitted, but not sheath bc I'm a pear. I couldn't put into words what I wanted. I went shopping with a friend on Black Friday, this one stood out to me so I put it on. I immediately loved it, but was talking myself out of it bc it cost half of my wedding ( we're eloping). I texted pics to my mom, and she offered to buy it without even knowing the cost. I FaceTimed her... I cried.. its everything.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 24

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 25
  • Rosie
    Dedicated March 2019
    Rosie ·

Such beautiful dresses!

I went in thinking there was no way I wanted a fitted dress, and I ended up with a fit and flare.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 26

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 27

• Madelyn
    Dedicated August 2019
    Madelyn ·
    Just went wedding dress shopping this past Saturday! Here’s mine it’s the Sottero & Midgley Olson dress, very simple and not completely different from my original ideas but very unique!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 28

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 29
  • Monique
    Devoted December 2019
    Monique ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the buttons!
  • Katie
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Katie ·
    I did not want strapless. I wanted something A-line and simple. I ended up with strapless and lace and beautiful! I cried the moment I looked in the mirror and knew it was the one.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 30
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! They're actually fake ones with a zipper, my moms appreciative of that though lol
  • Monique
    Devoted December 2019
    Monique ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh funny! The ones on my dress are real...it’s a process 😂
  • Nora
    Devoted July 2019
    Nora ·
    Here’s mine! A bit different from what I envisioned myself in but not completely off!

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 31
  • Megan
    Super January 2019
    Megan ·
    I wanted lace sleeves, and chose to add a lace bolero to a strapless dress so I got two looks! I added a belt and my grandmother’s jewelry. I don’t have professional photos back, but I loved my dress! In some ways it’s what I expected, but overall much simpler than I thought I’d gravitate towards, but I loved how it let me showcase my grandmother’s jewelry.

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 32

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 33

It's Time for a WW Bridal Fashion Show!!! 34

Comment on this discussion